Chapter Six : Blue Wedding

She stepped out of her house with the rose bouquet in her hand and glanced up at the morning sky.

Calm, beautiful and peaceful, she thought looking at the white clouds. It's a perfect day for a person to get married only if it's to someone whom they love and aren't forced into. She smiled to herself, thinking about all the memories she had. The time she spent, the freedom she enjoyed as a normal young girl free of burdens. She was no elite, no noble, no royal. How can she be expected to become a queen. She would surely fail having pennyless knowledge about royalty.

Her mother effusively held her hand and led her to the carriage which was decorated with flowers and four white horses to pull it to the destination.

An hour or so later they reached the grand palace. All gorgeous and glorious. Embellished with flowers specifically red roses, blue velvet curtains, huge gold and silver banners made it a perfect wedding destination. Rose stared at the surrounding in awe as she stepped out of the carriage with her mother. The large hall consisted of all the royals, aristocrats, and rich merchants even from other parts of the world. There were murmurings, ladies dressed in pretty gowns and men in formals.

'What a perfect way to ruin your life..' She thought as her father walked to her with the most warm smile she had ever received from him. 'Only for my mumma and papa.' She thought and let out a deep breathe. He took her hand and led her to the aisle to give her hand off to the man who would make her his forever.

The royal wedding music played in the background as people stood up. She kept her pace steady and watched out for her skirt not wanting to be tripped over by stepping on it. On reaching, her father left her which made her heart ache. There was no stepping back now. Either it will be okay or would end up in utter disaster. Lucid as a stream.

The ceremonies started as the priest began to speak. She couldn't even dare lift her eyes up, while he enjoyed every single moment. Even through the veil he could see her breath-taking face. Sadness was something clear but he didn't care. He never had a heart to pay heed to people's emotions. He just saw what he wanted, it was her and he was glad in a matter of minutes, her body, soul, mind, her everything will belong to him. Even her breathing would be ruled by him. The fact fascinated him a lot that there was nothing in between him and his wants. Being the eldest son of the family, he was crowned the king but not just because of that but because he really had the brain and tactics for a king. It was his exterior that made him different. He was unlike a typical king. Never too impatient and probably not the one to lose his cool so soon. He had the calmness that made people fear him even more in a queer way. He had his own way to deal with circumstances, and if he wanted something he would get it, no matter what and would never fail. Say intelligence, knowledge or outward looks, he excelled in them all.

Standing there he looked like a devilish daydream to all the young women present there. He was dressed in black with the cloak he wore with royal details in gold. Making the whole wedding a topic of jealousy for the ladies.

Finally it was time to say the two words for them. As expected the King without any hesitation agreed and when the priest began to speak again, her heartbeat went erratic. It was thumping against her chest, her breath hitched and reality was dawning on her like a dark nightmare. The priest ended, "...as your lawfully wedded husband?"

A brief moment of silence spread across the entire area. She was numb. This was it. The end.

She slowly lifted her eyes, her lips parted slightly by her breath and she saw his face. His gaze was intimidating right from the moment the ceremonies began. It seemed like his eyes pierced through her soul in an unearthly way. She slowly shifted her eyes to her parents. Their hands clasped together tightly, with their eyes pleading her to say yes.

She looked back at him. His brown eyes sparked again making her heart skip a beat.

"I do." She said softly.

Her parents let out a sigh of relief and she knew, she lost her freedom.

The priest allowed the king to kiss his bride and he took a step forward, encircled his arm around her slim waist and pulled her close to him as their chests met, he could feel her heart thumping loudly. He slowly lifted her veil with his other hand and lowered his face closer to her. Trailing down a finger over her cheek, he softly kissed her as a tear escaped her eye and she closed her eyes tightly feeling it as a nightmare. When he parted from her lips he noticed the tear and gently wiped it away with a finger. Her eyes opened slowly and she gazed at him with teary eyes. He pulled away from her by veiling her face again not wanting people to see his bride's emotional break down.

She lost herself, she knew. What was about to happen had happened. She was left at his mercy and was bound to him for eternity.

***

Author's Note :

Thank you for reading this story. Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Or stalk and follow on:

Instɑgrɑm : endcore_ap