Chapter Fifty : Paled

Creepy dream + Haunted music = New chapter!

Do drop a vote and I would love to here your opinions! It motivates me to write a new chap for this book as well as the new one super fast!

*****

Playlist :

Enya Hall : Unrest

*****

Third Person's POV:

"What are we even doing here?" Nigel questioned peevishly as Fiona took him along the masked crowd. Her little brain had already started scheming as though it knew something.

They were at an unexpected masquerade where people had their faces hidden behind beautiful carved masks which made Nigel and Fiona blend in the crew. It was Fiona'plan because she said they needed to get to the hermit and that they lacked time.

It completely bounced off Nigel's head as to what she was saying or either she had lost her sanity. Who is this hermit and how can he help them? And if it's a hermit, why would he be at the party? His brain was a whirl of questions. Clueless, he followed Fiona.

Upon consultation with Aldrick, the wise old man said to go with the young lady, it might be of good use due to her abundant knowledge on fields of magic and so he did. They had hardly an hour to find the so called, 'Mr. Isacson', in order to save the kingdom from the brewing climatic condition induced by black magic.

"Stop complaining." She lightly scolded him and took him along her to the man standing at the drinks section with women on each side of him. He chatted gaily and smelt strongly of wine and other foreign liquid consumed by creatures of Vamparia.

She stopped at the side and whispered in Nigel's ear, "Just remember my plan." He nodded curtly in response and shoved his hands in his pant pockets.

He didn't like this idea but this so called foolish idea was actually going to benefit the King and the Queen. Nigel then stepped away from Fiona as though he didn't know her and looked around to charm a girl towards him.

Fiona was dressed in a scarlet red gown which made her more attractive to draw the attention of the man at the bar counter, while Nigel chose a plain outfit that matched with the crowd and combed back his hair so that no body catches his signature look. Taking a drink in her hand, she swayed her hips towards him and  stood at his side with a smile. The man oggled her from head to toe and in his drunk state was too feeble to comprehend the happenings.

"Well hello there, beautiful. Do I know you? Cause I think I remember those eyes." He ran a hand through his greasy hair and advanced to Fiona.

Fiona smiled sweetly and stepped back a little, "Yes.. It's strange you forgot me." She pouted, batted her eyelashes and poked his chest with her nail.

The man cocked an eyebrow an smirked, "Let me guess... Jennifer?" He questioned taking her hand in his bug and spongy one.

Fiona frowned fakely and then smile, "No.. I am surprised you forgot me, John.." She seductively licked her lips and the man's eyes were locked on them.

"Rachelle.. Yes, you are Rachelle. Right?" He spoke in a gruff voice, his mouth stinking of alcohol. Bringing her gloved hand to her nose as though scratching her skin but trying to stop the smell instead, Fiona nodded this time with a big smile.

"It's been so long.. " His fat stomach rumbled as he laughed and gave her a hug. Nigel who had been standing at the corner eyed everything with a fire blaze in his eyes. The man was digging his grave, he thought.