Chapter Fifty Three : Chaos

****

[Unedited]

******

Rose stood numb with a hand on her heart as the guards started their ministrations with each one of the guest present. Never did her eyes leave the brown ones that showed a mixture of emotions like a storm, hard to read.

The guards ripped off each one of their masks to reveal their true identity one by one and even executed an elite before her eyes who was panicking and being clumsy in fear. Her gut churned at the sight and she silently prayed that it was over but as soon as the guards reached the lady in red and her partner, Viscardi interrupted them, "That's enough for now. I will see them myself once I am crowned." and the heartless guards stopped.

She looked at Viscardi who was smiling triumphantly as the bishop went on with his words of the ceremony. Even the bishop didn't want Viscardi as the king the way he spoke or looked away half heartedly. What could the poor man do? He was forced upon like she was at that time.

Rose turned to the bishop with a worried look and he returned the same when he finally spoke, "I now pronounce you, Viscardi Eventonk.." He turned to his left, to the servant who stood holding the cushion upon which a crown mounted which was spoke highly off and was worn for a long time by the one and only King Henry of Krestochia.

But now, since the tables had turned, it was to be placed on the head of a demon who would destroy all.

Viscardi grinned as everything seemed to be under his control and conducted the way he wanted. His eyes sparked for greed, power, possession and lust. He stepped forward before the bishop and seated himself on the throne, ruffling his hair a little in the process.

Narcissistic evil.

The bishop mentally shook his head and looked at the servant with his mouth still open to complete his left sentence. The servant with his eyes casted down, removed the velvet cloth off the cushion and stood still.

The bishop paused and closed his mouth unable to comprehend the situation. Somewhere he felt happy but acted to be shocked.

Viscardi, who impatiently played with the sceptre in his hand, now turned to the bishop and barked, "Make haste!"

"S-Sire.. " The bishop stood there with his hand held out at Viscardi and motioned at the empty red velvet cushion in the servant's hands.

"Where is the crown?!" His voice echoed and he furiously stood up, almost stomping his foot in the process and turned to the guards.

"Check them! Now!" He ordered.

The guards who had momentarily stopped now turned back to each one of the guest and they were surprised to see the three strong guards with their swords aiming the air.

"Where is he!!" Viscardi howled at the three guards who had earlier trapped a masked Henry who was thought as some other person, probably an intruder trying to escape but he was least aware, it was actually Henry.

"Find him!" He roared and the guards quickly dispersed around, leaving the guest in chaos and mumbling.

Rose tried making her way in the dispersed crowd, away from Viscardi but he came right behind her, grabbing her elbow. "Where do you think are you going? Hmm?" He warned and pulled her tightly.

"Hey Viscardi 'Donkey'ntonk!"

He turned to the weirdly familiar voice of the boy he hired a few days back to see him hanging over the railing of the floor above, waving at him with the crown in his hand.