Chapter Eleven : Prolepsis Of Acceptence

The night was silent. Everything was calm except for the guilt and desperation that were constantly whirling in his brain. He sat beside her holding her hand not wanting to leave her alone even though he knew she would never want him to be near her ever again. He had done something that could not be repaired easily. He was never the one to get heated quickly but this was something that made him feel the extremes. What was wrong with him? He wasn't thinking straight. It was not normal.

The whole past of his meeting with her till the wedding night enrolled before his eyes like a film. The first ever day he held clear lust for her but slowly it turned into strong infatuation. Like she was only his. He had his right on her. She was to obey him and slowly he would take her even if she wanted it or not but now the things had taken a turn. The player in him had died and even the monster that had reared its ugly head a few days back. She was brave, to face him, sincere to bear him and innocent to not put a but in his orders. She is like a serene angel who accepted him. Married to a monster. Was ready to accept her fate but now will she have the same endurance?

The time seemed to have stilled and he hated it. He wanted to see her move, open her eyes let all her hatred and sadness pour. She looked like an angel in the white flowy material she was wearing, sleeping soundly, her chest moving up and down slowly in rhythmic manner. He could stare at her all day and still not have enough. She was so soft and sweet by nature. Something not meant for his kind.

The painful memories of him torturing her, hurting her, breaking her down replayed in his head which made him even more frustrated. Those teary blue eyes made his heart ache. He started feeling it and it was very unusual. He never felt anything like this before. The way she begged, sobbed and prayed every night asking him to stop rang in his mind every time he closed his eyes. He moved his hand to her forehead and brushed a loose strand away, gently caressing her. Bringing her soft hand to his lips he kissed it gently and rubbing his thumb over her hand in small circles.

Only if he had got a grip. Only if he would not have been tricked into magic, he would have never done this. Rose gave him her everything, her freedom, her soul but he broke it down.

The night was long and no good for him. He felt heavy by heart, closing his eyes he pinched the bridge of his nose when he was reminded again of the nights, he hurt her. Then a sudden memory came, the thing she held dear, he crushed it. The pendant.

Henry knew she would have kept it safe so he moved to her closet and slowly and carefully scanned for it. He found a small wooden box placed on top of a notebook which looked like a diary. He didn't know how to apologise after what he had done but at least he could mend a few things. Taking the small box and the diary out, he placed them on the glass table and thus closing the wardrobe back again. He sat on the sofa seat placed beside the table and began opening the box. A small red velvet sac was inside with a few pictures. He opened the velvet material to find the broken pieces of the pendant. He pulled the strings, closing it and placed the sac in his pant pocket. He then took a look at the pictures.

A small girl of around five with long black hair and shining eyes with a small smile holding an old man's hand. He recognised. The small girl was Rose with her father. She looked happy and cute. He smiled at the pictures and saw some other snapshots of his wife. The pictures showed that she was happy. Her eyes sparkled. She held her parents dear to her heart as they did.

Placing the picture carefully inside and closing the box his gaze fell upon the diary. He didn't want to invade her privacy but this was the last option available to know what she thought about him. He flickered the pages to the last entry that was of last day.

It read,

"Dear Diary,
Its a very beautiful day and I am very happy. You know why? Because I got a letter from papa yesterday. He is happy and mumma too. All our debts are cleared and His Highness helped a lot. My father is finally free from burden and is now light. My life is going okay. I have no complains. His Majesty had done enough for me and I am thankful to him for giving me place to live and helping out my old parents. Sometimes he gets angry on me but I understand. He has his duties.

I know in the end he will forgive me. I know he is a good person from inside. I know he is kind. When I married him I was very scared, I didn't know much about him, but now as the days pass I get to know him. Even his anger still makes me fear but its... Okay.

I will put a halt here since my hand is paining and I have to get back to work.
Yours,
Rose"

Daggers of guilt crushed through him. He was a beast to her and still she was thankful to him. Held no hatred. No complains. She quietly accepted it. The pain she wrote about was the ugly bruise he gave her. She was disguising her sadness through the entry. He closed the diary and silently stared at her sleeping form.

"What have I done to you.." He sighed in frustration. He couldn't trust himself. After a few moments, he picked the diary and the box and placed it back in the same way as before.

Giving her one final glance, he quietly walked out of the room.

*****

Author's Note :

Its been a while. Isn't it?

Yes, of course. Anyways please do rate and comment it motivates me a hell lot and if you find mistakes then I apologize since this part is written on my phone cause I don't have my laptop here.

Good wishes,
Endcore.