Chapter Two : Invitation

{Edited}

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Mr. Aldrick good on his word, returned to the King that very evening and provided him with all the information about the girl that he asked for, "Your majesty, the girl which you asked for, her name is Rose Collins, she is eighteen years old and an orphan. She lives with two adoptive grand people and is educated to a good standard. She helps her aged parents in a small library that they own. On their financial basis, the Collins seem to have taken a loan from a sadist moneylender, Savagine Scrunth, and there family income is barely sufficient. Apart from that, there are many good reviews from the neighbourhood about this family."

Henry smirked at her news and whereabouts. Her name did match her endless beauty and she seemed too innocent and naive. Perfect for his prey, he thought.

He ordered Aldrick away being pleased at his work and turned back to his chambers but before that he ordered two guards to take the job confirmation letter to the job applicant, Isla Ried, the same evening.

The guards were sent to their homes to provide them with the position confirming letter and they provided them with an invitation to the ball that was to be held at the Royal palace.

Henry wanted Rose to be present at the ball and so he could meet her again. Her images were starting to invade his mind and somewhere in his mind he had decided that by hook or by crook, she was to be made his. Even though, this decision could be considered a mere infatuation but very slowly it was turning into a possessive obsession.

The guards reached the small cottage in which Rose resided and knocked at the door. At first, she was bewildered at what would the palace guards be doing here and somewhere there was a fear that may be she did something wrong but this wasn't the case as instead, the men simply handed her the royal sealed envelope along with a pretty printed blue invitation card.

As soon as Rose held the letter in her hands, sparks of excitement generated in her body. She couldn't believe it. Because, not just did the king allot her friend the position but they were personally invited to the palace for a royal ball which is a matter of privilege.

With the invitation and the letter in her hand, she quickly scurried her way towards Isla's house and after greeting her mother hurriedly who opened the door for her, she rushed to her friend and showed what she held.

Isla seemed to be happy too and they always wanted to attend a royal ball since childhood, they played together pretending that they were elite women, visiting places and people. They laughed and really believed that someday they would have such a life and now that they got this golden opportunity, it made them overwhelmed.

"I am so excited for this. Do you know what great news you have given me, Rose!" Isla exclaimed in joy and hugged her friend who giggled lightly in return.

That day, they decided that before going to such an event, it would be wise to consult their parents first and thus they finally asked them for permission.

As Rose informed her parents, the old couple was happy to some but concerned more for their daughter's safety. These kinds of events which included many elites, royalists and aristocrats generally, were not safe for naive girls like their own daughter. Because, in events like such there were men who usually wanted only one thing and that was innocent and naive girls they can fool and enjoy with money.

Therefore, next evening they instructed Rose to return back soon before the clock struck ten and not to spend much time alone without her friend's company. They asked her not to believe any unwanted stranger and keep her senses alert. They were right, the Kingdom had many bad people.

She nodded her head because her eyes were blurred with excitement more than caution and turned to return to her room to get ready like the obedient child she always had been. She literally got no single idea on what turn might her life take if she goes to the ball or her frequent meeting with the King. She, herself made her way to the entrance of the hellish reality.

Humming a tune, she took out a pretty blue and green dress to doll herself up and combed her long black, silk and shiny hair. She was plain and natural and that's what made her more beautiful than others. She never pretended to need someone she was not and thats what made her stand out.

She smiled to herself and stumbled on a pair of heels that her friend let her borrow for one night, she practised walking on them for a while since she wasn't used to wearing high heels but she thought that she could manage for a night. Rose took a last look at herself in the mirror to ensure everything is just right because she wanted to look presentable in such a place. The ball was something she had always dreamt of since childhood but never got a chance to attend because of their low status and now she was glad that they were given a chance.

Rose stepped out of her house and found her blonde haired and skimpily dressed friend, Isla or the very girl who was sick enough for her appointment, waiting impatiently for her. Rolling her eyes in irritation when Rose finally came out, she lent out her hand and they departured to the unfortunate ball.

----------------------------------
A/N:
Too short? I know but the chapters ahead aren't. So, Stay my tuned :)