Chapter Fifty Four : Two Masters, One Rose

This chapter is REWRITTEN since it needed major editing and plot change.

******

Previously :

"I did not do it... " Viscardi confessed equally dumbfounded.

"Then who did this?" Jac paused and turned around at the howling winds. They watched the dark doorway as the climate changed and rain drops pelted inside and then, suddenly a faded silhouette appeared.

"I did."

*****

*Playlist : Depeche Mode - Soothe my soul* [For the feels 😉]

*******

Viscardi took a step back but Jaq remained firm in his place and instead got up, stretching himself and cracking his knuckles but never moving away from Rose which was a pretty big mistake at the moment.

The trio's eyes were fixed on the beast that steadily moved, his face yet covered by darkness. His silhouette radiated the same aura of fierceness, dominance and the cool which was spine chilling. Only noise of his firm footsteps made Rose shiver. She wanted to feel it, to bury herself in this familiar aura but the haunting rays it emitted made her step back rather.

"I killed them.. " He trailed off walking further like he was having a small walk in the gardens. His hands clutched back and shoulders at ease. The small blue rays of light highlighted his jaw and the lowly, dangerous smirk. His scent spread like fire in the whole radius and it gave Rose the same vibe she had recieved when he had first met her with his glory in dark. She let out a shallow breathe at his form and tilted her head.

Jaq gave a scowl and stepped in between him and Rose. "You.. You are still alive.." He spat before him and glared into his deep red, stormy, swirling eyes.

He chose to remain silent. Silence is always powerful. He knew when to use it to his advantage and let the enemy drown in rage.

The dark lord smiled back at him charmingly like it was a mere joke for him. Jaq growled in frustration and gave a long howl and turned back at Rose then back at him, "This thing..." He pointed at her, "Will be crushed to death before your eyes, you monster.." Jaq whispered again.

The smile on his face faded and now replaced by a look that was beyond his understanding. He simply glanced at Rose which urged her to keep calm and breathe. Her chest heaved up and down at the sight of him. He was the devil in dark and his eyes on her made something crawl under her skin. She didn't know what it was but she doubted if being saved by this devil would end her up in a high tower, locked in his chambers.

He walked towards Jaq and stopped when he was just three feet away. He unclasped the hands on his back and let it hang lose on his sides. Rose watched the small red drops fall one by one from the red hands. He tilted his head a little and moved his gaze from Jaq to Viscardi, who watched quietly and let Jaq tackle.

Jaq got even more agitated to lose his mind and patience, he wanted the half share of sum total of kingdoms and the throne and now his enemy was back alive with his hideous smile which made him reach his peak. He raised his head and took menacing steps at him. He lowered his head and let out another howl until his eyes were a brilliant shade of yellow.

Rose stood up and backed a little, being careful that she was away and out if sight of Viscardi who happened to watch the show with utmost interest.

He cocked his head slightly, letting a spark Ignite in his left eye. She knew this look. It was when someone was to never see the sun again. She looked at Jaq, his muscles tearing up into a back, bloody and heavy skin lying underneath. Henry raised an amused eyebrow and his hair, lapels of jacket and other free needs of clothing moved with the wavering, fierce wind that broke through and the glass shattered into uncountable shards.