Chapter Fourteen : Drugged

Days passed, time flew and Henry seemed to be avoiding Rose more and more. It wasn't easy for him but he had to. To avert his wandering mind he took diversion in pleasure making but he couldn't stop thinking about her. Every time he saw a girl undressing before him to please him all he could imagine was her. Her body. Her lips. Her eyes. That's what stopped him. Like a drug it was killing him from inside, he was not able to stop himself anymore. It was getting difficult to bear the separation.

Henry arrived late at midnight and slowly twisted the door knob, entering inside. The room was dark but her bosom radiating partially due to the moonlight falling on her sleeping form. Her slow breathing and soft pink lips aroused something in him. Walking quietly to her he stopped right before her and traced a finger over her cheek to her lower lip then to the vein in her neck. The sweet blood flowing in it, his canines iched inside his mouth. To take a bite, to have a taste.

His eyes travelled over her body. He wanted her so bad, his wants were increasing and there was no other way to fulfill it. Just her. Only her. For eternity, he thought.

Taking a deep breathe, the realisation started hitting him. He moved out abruptly, grabbing an overcoat and ran down the stairs. Henry had to suppress this feelings. His lust and hunger were at the peak. Any girl would do for now, he thought. He wanted blood, from a female.

*************

The next morning Rose woke up to find a red rose in her hand. She knew it could be him. Who else would?

After taking a bath, she dressed herself up in a laced white dress. She looked at herself in the mirror and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Taking a deep breathe she went to have her breakfast. It was a usual thing to not find him during morning. He wouldn't be there. But why was she thinking about him? She shook her head off the thoughts and continued chewing her breakfast. Noticing the movement, Mr. Aldrick questioned, "Is there anything wrong with the food served, your highness?" his frown visible on his wrinkled old face.

Rose shook her head and replied, "No, no its nothing like that. The food is delicious."

After that she went to the palace gardens to spend some time alone.

**********

The sun hid behind the trees slowly, the view of the sunset at the forests was beautiful and serene. But not for long. The dark, scary night was approaching which had a strange feel to it. The time flew and the full moon rose spreading its soft glow on the kingdom and forests. The night is something deceptive. Alluring but hiding millions of secrets in its silence.

This could be considered as a reason for his growing lust and hunger, the approach of full moon night. The animal in him was getting uncontrollable. He had many kills the past days. Including the innocent females as he drained them off their blood, in order to satisfy his physical desires. He was a dark creature hunting at night, his identity never revealed. Captivating and hypnotic as he could be to lure his prey and capture them.

The people of the kingdom always considered full moon night as the blood moon night. The local myth was that on this night the dead came alive and roamed about at midnight. It was to some extent true, there were creatures that actually existed and hunted but rarely and it was kind of a law among the mythical creatures which couldn't be broken and Henry was well aware of those. He had his hand in this too. It was never this brutal but now his hunting was increasing. Recent deaths horrified the people but none had the courage to speak against it. They had their matter supplied to the King and the council would be searching, the creatures were always captured but in his case the council could find no evidence, he wouldn't ever leave one. Even though he knew he had to be cautious and stop his hunting but recently he was unstoppable. Usually he hunted one person on one full moon night out of five and that would never ever be revealed. Ergo, there was not much chaos but now it was starting to raise unnecessary questions, fear and false superstition. He had to stop this.

The vampires get unstoppable usually when their desires from their mates don't get satisfied.

******

It was close to midnight and Rose sat at the window frame looking at the big moon glowing beautifully. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the frame.

After a while she stood up and placed the book in her hand on the shelf. She felt cold breeze brush against her skin. She turned to the window and decided to close it. The room was dark except for the moon light, slowly closing the window she moved to the unlit fireplace. While taking a step she noticed a shadow. Confused and slightly scared she called out, "Whose there?"

The person in shadow took a step further revealing his face. The moon light highlighted his facial features. Especially his jaw. Her eyes slightly widened at the sight of him. His face was expressionless and his eyes staring Rose in such intimidating way that slight shiver ran down her spine. Henry had his black slacks and white shirt on, sleeves rolled up to his elbow, the top three buttons undone and his hair slightly dishevelled. His hands were buried in his pant pockets and she found it difficult to keep up with his burning gaze. The breathe in her hitched at the sight of him. Swallowing hard, she finally broke the silence, "Y-Your highness... How was your day?" She said softly. She knew it was an absurd thing to ask in this situation but she didn't knew what else to say. The past days she had hardly seen him and she wasn't accustomed to speak to him much. She spoke to make the heavy atmosphere light.

He didn't reply but kept on watching her. Her mouth and lips went dry in his scrutinizing gaze so she licked her lips slowly. Henry's eyes followed the trail and sighed inaudibly. He took one step and answered, "It was... good." His eyes still on her lips. Taking another step, Rose retreated by taking a step back but this didn't stop him. He looked predatory, unlike the Henry she saw in these past few days. His eyes observed her as if she was his prey.

He took another two steps and so did she till her back met the wall. Taking a step again until there was only an inch gap between them, he stopped. He leaned closer to her face and noticed her breathing heavily, her chest rising up and down. Her nose tingled with his hypnotic scent. Rose noticed the slight sparkle in his eyes. It reminded her of something making her eyebrows creased slightly. "I am more interested in you... about your day." He said with a husky, deep and sensual voice. Disguising the words quickly that were to leak out his true desires. She clutched her skirt tightly and whispered softly, "It was...." before she could complete he placed his both the hands on the wall on either side of her waist. His lips almost touching hers, ".. good." She completed. All this while his eyes focused on her eyes. He brought a hand up to her face and placed a finger on her cheek. Gently dragging it down her jaw he whispered, "You look nervous. Are you scared of me?" 

She swallowed again and slowly shook her head. A small smile played on his lips. She gasped slightly when she felt a hand on her waist which pulled her closer to him. Rose sensed him sighing above her ear and his other hand traced down from her jaw to her neck.

His hand drew circles on her back and her heartbeat accelerated. "You are really beautiful." he whispered in her ear causing her to blush. He lowered his face to her neck and placed a kiss on her throbbing vein. She bit her lip feeling uneasy and dizzy as her head started growing heavy when she heard him,

"Remember, Rose... You are mine for eternity."

********************

Playlist : Maroon 5 - "Animals"

************