Chapter Twenty : Enchanted You

The very next day Rose found a red rose in her hand and she remembered the events that took place last night. A blush crept on her face naturally thinking about how kind the King had been. But now the question pops up that was it a hoax?

She felt herself like a marionette when he was around her. She strongly tried to refute her inner voice that sometimes spoke of giving on to him. How can she? And to that man... never, she thought.

Rose took in her surroundings and the room seemed refurbished. Putting the weight on her feet she stood up to take a warm bath.

******

It went on the same for few more days and Henry thought that it will take quite a time to rehabilitate his wife. Like a dummy she lived. Never uttered a word or showed any emotion whatsoever. At least she spoke a word or two sometime back but now she had turned completely mute. He didn't know what to do besides make her happy in some way or other but it did not work.

One day when he returned back to the castle, to his Queen to find her staring at the stars standing at the patio as she usually did. Even her fear had evaporated, like she didn't even care if he was near her. He sat down at the edge of the king sized bed with quietude. The silence should have been biting to his ears with discomfort but it felt rather bearable.

Time elapsed in seconds then minutes and she finally turned. Rose found Henry sitting calmly which set her mind in quandary. The major part of his face hidden behind the shadows except for the strong jaw that was highlighted by the moonlight. His elbows rested on his thighs and hands clasped together dangled at front of his knees. He seemed lost in watching her which made her feel uneasy.

Having got the clue, she quickly rushed to prepare his daily glass of blood that she had been doing for the past days like a responsible wife. When she picked up the glass he muttered but loud enough for her to hear, "I am not hungry." Placing the glass back on the table she turned to look at him but he was still glancing towards the balcony.

His words perplexed her as if what actually did he need or want. "I want you to sit beside me." He said in his authoritative voice.

With hesitation she went up to him and began kneeling down as he made her to earlier. Caught by surprise, his hand pulled her up and made her sit on his lap. She started struggling against his hold when he said, "Easy, Rose. I am not doing anything to you." Rose started steadying down but the position did not provide her comfort in any way.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asked in a small voice.

"I cannot see you sad, I want to take you some where." He spoke softly.

"But I don't want to go with you." She replied.

"Look at me, Rose." Henry put a finger under her chin and tilted her head up facing him.

"I know that you are upset about your mother and I know how it feels but grieving about an irreparable loss for days and hurting yourself internally in the process will not do you any good. Not even to your mother's soul. Trust in God and he will surely provide a better life to her. Her soul needs peace and if you are not at peace then I think it will not provide her any."

Rose remained silent and stared into his eyes deeply with interest.

"Do you understand?" He asked.

Slowly she nodded her head making him smile. "Now, come with me." He helped her stand up and led her out of the castle towards the shimmering and awe worthy night gardens. But this time he took her somewhere deeper which made her senses alert.

As they reached the place, her eyes widened and her hands automatically flew to her mouth to see such a sight before her. The lush green garden along with the trees that were covered in gold and silver lights, a wooden bench situated in the middle and the shimmering lake reflecting the trees as if they were admiring their reflection in the water. The star filled night sky added to the beauty of the place. The enchanting sight she saw enraptured her heart and enthralled her mind.

Rose turned around for Henry but she faced the cold breeze. She looked around for him but he vanished like he wasn't there.

"Your Highness?" She called out slowly now feeling quite afraid. When she turned around, she gasped at him holding a bouquet of roses, not just roses but gold and silver roses along with exquisite and fresh red roses.

He handed her the bouquet and she took it with slight hesitation and shaky fingers.

"Thank you." She said with her sweet voice making him smile at her endearment.

Henry motioned her towards the bench to sit and sat close to her. His scent invaded her senses. He smelt fresh and hypnotic as he usually did. When she was lost in admiring the place around her she felt his arms lift her off the bench seat and place her on his lap making Rose blush furiously.

She kept her gaze low on the flowers too shy to look at him. "Do you like it?" She heard him ask.

She nodded shyly still looking at the flowers. He gently took the bouquet from her hands and placed it aside. His finger tipped her chin up so that she faced him.

"I want to hear your voice... sweetheart. Tell me do you like it?" Her heart fluttered at word he used for her to call.

"Yes.." She replied with a soft voice. He smiled again and Rose found herself awestruck.

Henry brought his face close to her. Close enough to feel her breathing and before she could even register what was happening, he sealed her lips with his.

He kissed her so softly and gently as if she could break if he was rough. His hand tightened protectively around her small waist and pulled her impossibly closer. Her lips felt so warm and delicious, he never wanted to let her go. His lips moulded perfectly against her if he wished he would never break the kiss.

Henry nibbled her soft and supple lips as sparks ignited in his body. He wanted so bad to do other things to her but he kept himself in check.

Reluctantly, he broke the kiss to give her some space to breathe. When his lips parted from hers, her blue eyes stared up at him like a lost child. Henry made Rose stand up and lifted her up in his arms towards the lake. Placing her down on the grass and kneeling beside her, he said, "Close your eyes, Rose." She closed her eyes trusting him for the first time.

Rose felt a cold metallic material placed around her neck and clasped shut. "Now open your eyes and look at your reflection in the water." She did as he said and gasped to find a beautiful pearl and diamond necklace around her neck which sparkled in the soft lights. "Is this...for me?" She asked him and he nodded silently.

She stared down at her neck and frowned a little, "But I can't take it. It might be too costly.."

His eyes turned dark and Henry pulled her close wrapping his arms around her delicate waist. "You are my Queen now and you will not say no, besides I never asked your choice and it's not that costly." He smirked at the last part and rested his forehead against hers.

She pouted a little which made him crash his lips on hers again. This time he kissed her hungrily. Henry lay her down on the grass and continued kissing her. She couldn't fight him because she was too lost in him. Her hands rested on either side of her head and his hands holding her tightly around her waist, entrapping her in the same spot.

He peppered her jaw with his kisses and traveled down to her throat then to her chest making her squirm in his hold and moan. He nibbled and sucked at her soft skin giving her the pleasure she needed.

His little moment of delight was interrupted when he heard heavy footsteps approaching towards them. Henry broke his contact and made her sit up only to find her breathing heavily. Standing up he pulled Rose up in his embrace and kissed her forehead. "I think someone is going to interrupt us, sweetheart."

Rose looked up at him with mixed expressions as if hurt or worried that's when Mr. Aldrick approached and said, "My apologies for disturbing Your eminence, but there is an important council meeting to be conducted." Henry sighed and raked a hand through his hair motioning Aldrick to leave and he would follow behind.

He called for the maids to take Rose to her bedroom and said, "I will be back to you soon, love."

***************