Chapter Forty Six : The Evil's Greed

(UNEDITED)
***

Was about to post past week but half way through the typing, the big white ice cream van came up...

Then I forgot the ideas... 😅

*****

Recap :

"I want to go back. I am dying..." She whispered and shivered due to intense cold. Rocking herself back and forth, she let her emotions run free. This time her heart panged with slight hatred for Byron for his behavior and Henry blindly believing what he just saw. But it was her fault as well. Henry had given her time to answer and justify herself but she was the one to be tongue tied at the sudden situation and act like a dumb dummy.

"I am here."

Rose stopped moving and lifted her head towards the silver light lined silhouette that moved steadily towards her.

"You don't have to worry anymore.. "

Her breath stuck in her throat and heart leapt to her mouth.

'This cannot be true...' She thought. 'Henry?'

***🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 ***

Resumed:

She sat upright and spoke inaudibly in surprise until her vocal cords worked, "Henry?"

The lights were flicked on. They were dim but bright enough for Rose to go blind making her place a palm on her face and drag her body back. "Too bright.." She muttered and waited for an answer until the cells of her eyes adjusted to the sudden incoming light.

"I am sorry, dear but I didn't have any choice." The voice replied and she narrowed her eyes at the owner of unfamiliar sound with hope but soon it was shattered into a million pieces.

"W-who are you?" She stammered having doubting that this was the same person that visited her earlier and gave her warning before she lost consciousness.

The chains clattered against each other as she moved back on fright to find the man advancing towards her with confidence. He stood tall, hovering over her petite form like a looming shadow and bent down on his knee.

"How is my Rose doing?" His velvety voice felt sickening to her mind as he traced his finger on her arm when Rose attempted to cower away.

"I am not your Rose." She spoke in her innocent voice laced with hatred and glared at the broken window rather than the gold masked man.

"Ah, yes. Not yet but we may be able to change it. Isn't it babe?" He stroke her hair but she slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me." Rose warned.

"Does my Rose not like it when someone touches her? If that's the case then she should have been careful with that monster." He smiled sarcastically and sat back.

"Who is that you call a monster?" She angrily glanced at him but it just widened his smile.

Parting his lips slightly to show his perfect teeth, he rested a hand on the wall and leant closer to her, "Your eyes look even more enchanting when you are angry."

Rose backed away instantly breaking the eye contact and putting her chained arms before herself like a shield.

"Tsk tsk, little late, my dear. You should have used it earlier.." He pulled himself away from her and continued, ".. from that bloodsucker who made you suffer all this."

"You do not have the right to call Henry that before me!" She shot daggers with her blue eyes that had rarely been angered.

"And don't you take that imbecile's name before me!" His voice rose a little to see the fear fuel in her eyes.