Chapter Thirty Eight : Lights And Rides

*Unedited*

A/N:
My autocorrect always changes 'love' to live.
Poor thing doesn't let me write the language of live.

😯😐😒

_____

Rose left the palace gardens with a smile and lifted her gown to jog towards the castle quick.

'Will you go out with me for a ride?'

She bit her lip to prevent from giggling like a small excited girl and made her way towards the entrance of the palace. She was too excited to spend a night with Henry like a normal person with no formality to perform.

On entering the large hall, Rose scanned her eyes all over the empty place to find none but Nigel with a particular someone.

He seemed absorbed in the talks of the giggling girl who had a faint blush on her cheeks and her eyes twinkled at Nigel. Rose smiled from afar having got a little clue that she shouldn't interrupt them.

She quietly moved away towards the stairs from the side, behind the bug pillars in order to not make them aware of her presence.

Upon reaching the corridor of the floor where Karen's chamber was, she breathed deeply before she walked towards her door.

Straightening the dress and trying to suppress her excitement, she exhaled again. Rose lightly knocked her knuckles on the door to receive a quick reply from inside, "Just a sec."

Rose stared around waiting for Karen to open the door.

"Who is it? I am tired, I shall speak tomorrow." The voice followed.

"This is Rose. I understand, you can rest. Good night, Karen." Rose responded, ready to leave when the door opened partially. A hand gropped hers and pulled her inside the room and shut the door back.

"Karen!" Rose gasped to see a grinning Karen in a white outfit.

"How is it?" Karen twirled, clutching the sides of her new dress.

"Lovely." Rose smiled to get an eager reply in return, "Hugo gifted me this!"

"That's so sweet."

"I know! He even gifted me these..." Karen stepped aside to show a bouquet of red roses and a crystal necklace kept on the bed as if it were to be displayed.

"I am glad for you." Rose remarked.

"Thank you." She hugged Rose and asked, "What was it that you came for?"

"Oh, nothing worth your rest. We will meet tomorrow. Have a good night, princess. " Rose hugged her back before pulling away to leave but Karen grabbed her hand, "Tell me what?"

"It's alright you can take rest."

Karen gave a warning look makinf Rose laugh at her fake anger.

"You are funny."

"Yeah, yeah. Now tell me what's that you came for?" Karen huffed and rolled her eyes in response.

"I have something for you." Rose took her hand and they left her chamber towards the art gallery.

Before the door, Rose stood before Karen blocking her way. "Close you eyes and no cheating."

Karen nodded and closed her eyes but a while later when she thought Rose wasn't looking, she peeped through her half opened left eye.

Rose glared at her and she shut her eyes back like a good child.

Rose stood behind her and covered her eyes with her hands, instructing her to move ahead.