Prank Fail

"Oh my god she's gonna be so pissed." Chris says. "Remind me again why I'm doing this? I don't wanna do this. It's mean."

"Well, a lot of people suggested it." Crawford says while setting up the cameras. "It'll be funny. Y/n will get over it. I promise." Crawford assures Chris.

"I can't believe when I ask what prank I should do, so many people say to fake break up with y/n." Chris says.

"I know right? But anyways you got the plan? You text her and tell her to come over. When she gets here, I'll be pretending I'm playing video games and then she'll go to your room and you'll fake breakup with her. I'll be outside the door ready to come in and be like 'got you! It's just a prank!' Just break up with her gently though. Man, this prank is so mean." Crawford says.

You were watching Netflix when Chris texted you to come over. You get ready and then drive to the Collins' house. You knock on the door and Crawford answers it with a video game controller in his hand.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." You smile.

"So um where's Chris?" You ask.

"Up in his room." He replies as you come in.

You walk up to his room and see Chris in there, sitting on the end of his bed, looking nervous. "Hey. What's up?" You say.

"Um. Can you sit?" He asks, gesturing to the spot next to him. You walk over and sit down.

At that moment, you hear a weird sound at the door. Like something or someone was there. "What was that?" You ask.

"Probably just Romeo." Chris says.

"Oh ok." You say. So what do you want to talk to me about?" You ask.

Chris looks down. "So I've been meaning to tell you this but I didn't know how. I think we should break up. I feel like our relationship isn't the same anymore. It's not how it used to be and I just don't feel it anymore. It's not you, it's me." He says looking away.

"Oh." You say.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry." He says with guilt in his eyes.

"Actually, I'm glad you brought this up. I feel the same way." You tell him. He looks up at you with shock and confusion. "What? You do?" He asks hurt.

"Yeah. I don't really feel it anymore either. There's actually someone else." You tell him quietly.

He gets up. "Why didn't you tell me?!" He asks angrily.

"I didn't know how to bring it up. I didn't want to hurt you but now I guess since you feel the same way-"

"Who is this guy?!" He interrupts.

"You don't know him. We went to high school together and I just found out he attends a college in LA. We kinda reconnected." You tell him. "Nothing happened though. I wouldn't cheat on you but I like him and he likes me." You tell him.

He looks at you with hurt and anger in his eyes and his hands on his head. "Wow." He says.

"Chris.." You start.

"I cannot believe you!" He yells.

"And I cannot believe you would prank me by fake breaking up with me! I can see the hidden cameras Chris. Plus that chuckle from Crawford at the door. I put two and two together. You can come out now Crawford!" You yell.

Crawford opens the door and comes in.

"Wait." Chris says relieved.

"There's no other guy or anything. I made it up." You say.

He pulls you into a huge embrace. "I love you. I'm so sorry." He smiles while hugging you.

"I can't believe you would do that Chris." You tell him.

"I know. It was so mean. I can't believe I did that either." He says. "But I can't believe you would trick me into thinking you wanted to break up during this prank." He says.

"Well Karma's a bitch." You smile.