The Night Before

You roll over and grab your phone on the nightstand. You check your phone. It's only 11pm. "Ugh." You groan.

It's the night before the first day of school. After a summer of going to sleep at 6am, you thought it would be best to go to sleep early since you start school tomorrow.

You went to bed at 9:30pm and you still can't fall asleep. There are a few reasons for that. The first being you're nervous and anxious and you really don't want to go back to school. The second being you're still in LA time even though you left a week ago. The last being you never sleep this early. I can't believe summer's over and I'm back at the east coast. I miss Chris, you think.

You turn on the light and start snapchatting since you're so bored. You snapchat about how you have school tomorrow and how you can't sleep and then you put it on your story. Since you're a YouTuber, lot of people saw it and wished you good night. You smile and turn off the lights.

"Okay. I have to go to sleep now or else I'll look like a zombie tomorrow." You tell yourself.

After another 10 minutes of tossing and turning, you get a call. You check the caller ID to see Chris. "Hey." You say quietly.

"So I heard you couldn't sleep." He says.

"Yeah." You sigh.

"Well no need to worry. I'm here. I'll help you." He says.

"No. It's fine. I'll be fine. You go do your stuff. I know it's only 8 in LA. You probably have something better to do anyways, you ring the workaholic you are." You tell him.

"Nah. Nothing's better than talking to you." He says and you blush.

"Ok fine. Just help me fall asleep." You whine and he chuckles.

"No but I'm like literally so stressed out. I'm gonna be so busy with school and youtube and you're on the other side of the country and-"

"You're gonna be fine." Chris interrupts. "You only have one year of high school left and we'll see each other in person soon. I promise. Now, as for the sleeping part, I'm gonna make sure you fall asleep. I'm not gonna hang up ." He assures you.

"The phone bill's gonna be massive." You joke.

"Fine. I'll hang up when you fall asleep." He chuckles.

"Just relax okay?" He says in a soft gentle voice. You listen to what he says. "I wuv you." He says cutely and you giggle.

"I wuv you too." You say.

He hums to you until you slowly drift to sleep with a smile on your face. "Y/n?" He whispers after some time. You don't answer. He smiles. "I love you." He says quietly as he presses the end button.

You wake up the next morning with your phone on the pillow next to you. You smile remembering the conversation you had with Chris and falling asleep to his voice. "Today's not gonna be that bad. Only one more year." You tell yourself.