Because I Love You

You sit there on your bed reflecting on your life. You've been so upset the last few weeks because of a bunch of family issues. The depression is not gonna go away anytime soon.

Lately, you've been so dependent on Chris. He's always there when you're upset and when you need him the most and you really appreciate it, but you feel like you're holding him back and making him miss out on other important things. He always says he doesn't mind. He always tells you that your happiness is more important and that you're the number one priority in his life. That may be true; he may not mind but you do. You can't help but feel guilty that you're taking up a ton of his precious time.

You also feel like you're dragging him down with you. You don't want him to be upset but surrounding him with bad, depressing vibes will only start to kill his happiness. He should be able to be happy because he deserves it.

"I have to break up with him." You say to yourself. "It's for his own good." You sigh.

You grab your bag and walk out your house and get in the car. You start your car and then drive off to Chris' house.

You two have been dating for almost two months. Before that, you guys have been good friends.

You finally reach his house. You hesitate to knock but you eventually get the courage to do it. As you're waiting, a part of you is hoping no one is home while the other is hoping he's home so you can just get it over with.

A few seconds later the door swings open and Chris invites you in. He sees the upset look on your face. "Your family again?" He asks worried.

"Yes but no. That's not why I came here." You say looking at your shoes.

"What is it then?" He asks lifting his chin up so he can sees your eyes.

"I think we should break up." You choke.

"What? Why?" He asks upset.

"My life is all drama. I don't wanna bring you into all of this." You tell him.

"But don't you love me?" He asks.

"It's because I love you that I'm doing this. Believe me when I say this because if you were any other guy, I wouldn't care as much to do this. I don't wanna hurt you Chris. It's either this or you're gonna get hurt more in the future." You tell him.

"Y/n. Please." He says softly.

"Chris, I've been going through so much stuff lately and I don't wanna put you through all that. I've been so dependent on you always being there. I need you and that scares me. I can't keep relying on you to make me feel better or else it'll just keep getting worse. Plus, you're so busy and I'm wasting your time with my problems. You've got so much to do and I don't wanna hold you back." You tell him.

Chris looks down but doesn't say anything. You continue, "I love you but one day, you're gonna wake up and realize that you don't wanna do this anymore and that there's just so much going on with me. Or that you're gonna realize how stubborn and strong headed I actually am. Or how you're an optimist and I'm a realist and that we don't have that much in common. I don't want to wait for that day to come or else we'll both be even more heartbroken after we fall so deeply in love-"

"Well it's a little too late. I'm already so deeply in love with you. You're saying that you're doing this because you love me and you don't want me to get hurt but it's my decision too. You don't have to protect me. If I get hurt, then I get hurt but I get to decide and I'm not letting you go." Chris interrupts.

"Please don't make it even more harder than it has to be." You say with tears streaming down your cheeks. "Y/n. I love you." He says wiping the tears with his thumb.

"I love you too which is why I have to go." You turn around to leave but you feel a hand grabbing your arm.

Then next thing you know, you're being pushed up against the wall by Chris and he's kissing you with as much passion as he can.

"Please. Stay. We'll get through this together. You and me forever y/n." He says. You smile an he kisses you again.

"You and me forever." You say into the kiss.

So um yeah. That's it. I'm really tired and it's kinda late so if this imagine doesn't make sense at all, that's probably the reason. Also the fact that I'm too lazy to proofread or to read it at all. I'm gonna make a few more regular imagines this week and then I'm gonna start Halloween themed imagines.