[4]: Seth And His Goddamned Motorcycle-Driving

Another day we will survive
Another day is worth the fight
Today we will rise
We will walk the rainbows and take over the sky
Don't let them change you
No
'cause you are beautiful just like the purple sky

~Purple Sky | Greyson Chance

[4]: Seth And His Goddamned Motorcycle-Driving

I sprinted down the stairs, completely forgetting about breakfast and bolted out of the house.

Crap, I still missed the bus.

I groaned and sighed.

Oh, just lovely.

"Hey Thea, looks like you missed the transportation to school. Newsflash: it left ages ago." Someone's cocky voice called from behind me.

I turned around and caught gaze with a pair of auburn eyes. It's owner's lips was made into a smirk.

Normally, I would have start turning red by the moment because Seth Deavon just talked to me.

But no.

This time, my face ignited to fire because I was getting more pissed off.

I arched an eyebrow.

"So, will you be getting on this ride?" He invited.

Ride his motorcycle and die? Hell no.

"No, thank you." I replied, and started walking to school.

"Come on Thea," I heard him say, driving near me. "It'll take you twenty minutes to reach school if you walk but it will take you 10 or 11 minutes if you ride on my motorcycle. And guess what? School starts in..." He paused and checked his watch. "Exactly fourteen minutes."

I froze.

Crap.

"You don't want to experience things for the first time, don't you?" He mused.

Yes, he was right. A tardy and detention.

"So stop being a baby and get on my bike!" He exclaimed.

I didn't care if I was a baby or whatever else he wanted to call me. Motorcycles are unsafe, period. If you ask me, I prefer a mode of transportation that has windows, doors and some seatbelts.

And last time I checked, motorcycles had none of those.

But if I was going to stick with walking, a possible scenario would likely to happen一

Thea Hartens enters her first period, Geography, and Mr. McCain gives her a look of disappointment. "Thea, Thea. Twelve minutes late is inexcusable! I'm sorry but you get a tardy on your attendance record. Detention, now." His harsh voice said.

Thea hangs her head as some of her classmates shot her a look of pity and some even snickered. Little miss perfect Thea Hartens gets a tardy and detention. Thea walks out of the classroom and she headed towards the detention room for the first time in her whole life, feeling doomed.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!, my brain wailed.

"If you stick to walking to school, you'll get a late on your attendance. And not to mention that you're gonna experience a little piece of hell in my paradise一a.k.a.一Detention room." Seth reminded again.

Okay, this is it Thea. Now or never.

I sighed.

I blame this all to that stupid alarm clock that didn't wake me up.

So actually, that was my fault because it was when I realized I hit the alarm clock thrice even if I hit off but I soon discovered that I was hitting snooze, not off.

I neared his bike and his smirk grew.

After I swung my left leg over the bike's seat, Seth handed me his helmet.

"Um, what about you?" I asked.

"Worried about me, babe?" He asked.

I flustered.

That got me speechless. What a conceited jerk.

Miraculously, I managed to make my mouth work. "Well... I... I just don't want... your... blood in my... hands." I stuttered.

He chuckled.

"Hang on tight, Hartens."

And he took off.

----------------------------

I actually learned something about Seth Deavon on my own一he does not understand what "Speed Limit" is.

"Can you please slower down?" I yelled due to the slamming of the wind against my face as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Aww, so polite." Seth mused, in a loud voice too. "As you wish, Princess."

My cheeks felt hot.

That's when the bastard accelerated.

He was driving like a mad man as I gripped on his leather jacket for dear life. He'll probably yell at me later for wrinkling it.

But that isn't my problem now.

It's on how I am going to survive.

I think now's the time to call onto God.

Yes, yes! Great idea!

Okay God, I thought. Get me of this and I'll stop doing...whatever that I do wrong. You got me on this torture device for me to get rid of tardiness and detention. I mean一I'm still alive at the moment while Seth's driving at an insane speed that I should have really died but I didn't so you're clearly on board. Let me get out of here and I'll... I don't know. Donate half of my money in my account to the poor. Tutor Jasmine in History. Go with my mom to volunteer jobs in the hospital and other activities health-related. Join a convent. Well, no, not the last one.

And God, please, when we reach school, if we reach school, please don't make my hair look like a bird's nest that was made by a bird with a poor ability in making it's own nest. Thank you.

Just then, I felt the motorcycle slow down.

Woah God, that was fast. You really want me to do all those things, huh?

I opened my eyes a little bit and saw the familiar grounds of... school.

My eyes immediately opened as stares were on us from everywhere.

God, Thea! You're fame will definitely boost up!, Grace's words echoed in my head.

Seth parked his bike then helped me down.

A wave of nausea hit me as soon as I was standing on the floor. The world started spinning and I had to clutch my left forehead with my left hand from the throbbing pain and my right arm flapping around trying to keep my balance steady.

Great, I probably look like a one-winged migrating duck.

"Woaaahh, easy there, Princess." Seth said, holding my shoulders to keep me steady. I blushed as I realized be called me with that stupid nickname he gave me in the public.

Instinctively, I grasped on Seth's right arm as of my life depended on it.

Well, it actually, it did.

If I didn't grasp his arm, I pretty much could have lost my balance, hit my head against the concrete and die.

I could already imagine the headlines in the newspaper, flashing infront of my eyes一16-YEAR OLD GIRL DIED IN SCHOOL BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT A TARDY AND DETENTION turn to page A-1 for the full article.

Then I'll come haunt Seth in his sleep and I will get revenge.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

I let go of his arm as soon as I felt steady.

"Okay? I could've been killed!" I half-yelled, half-whispered.

"But are you dead now?" He asked his perpetually sardonic smirk appearing on his face.

"No." I replied.

"See?" He mused.

"Do you ever listen to me? I said, 'I could've been killed'."

"Yes Princess, but do you ever listen to me? Are you dead?"

The warning bell rang, signaling that school starts in five minutes.

"Let's go, Thea." He said and walked beside me, putting a hand on a small of my back. "Wouldn't want a late, right?"

"Not even one." I sighed.

-----------------------------

Seth and I parted ways and headed toward our lockers. I kind of miss his company一hey, hanging out with someone like him isn't normal and isn't usual, you know. So I really miss him around.

By my locker, I saw Grace smiling so big that her face could've split in half.

"HIII THEAAA!" She sang, squeezing me into a hug.

Once she let go of me, I asked, "Where are the others?"

"Robert's in his usual flirting schedule and Ethan and Jasmine in their first periods." Grace said.

"So, did he really go in your house?"

"Who..." Oh, Seth. "Yeah. He entered the gate then rang the doorbell." I replied.

"And the cupcakes?" She asked.

"Oh, super delicious! Red velvet, chocolate and mocha. God, total yum!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, like the giver." Grace said.

I laughed.

"Okay, see you at second period!" She said and hugged me and left.

I smiled and made my way to first period, Geography.

-----------------------------

A/N: Happy Birthday to meee! I wrote this chapter for like, three hours (with stopping) because I had to entertain guests and go to different food stores. Haha, so far, so good :))

Well, enough chit chat and stay tuned for the next chapter :)

I LOVE YOUU ALL :))