[27]: "Friends" Don't Do That

Thea's P.O.V.

"YOU ARE A SLUT!" I heard myself yell at Jasmine.

"So what?" Jasmine taunted. "Call me whatever you want Thea," she said, nearing Robert who didn't have a shirt on.

"You're just... jealous,"

Jealous. The word repeated over and over again.

Jasmine gave off a sharp giggle and I ran away, covering my ears.

"THEA, WAKE UP!" I heard a voice so strong that it slapped me back to reality and I sat up on the bed, almost knocking my head against Seth's.

"Oh God," I breathed out as Seth held me in his arms.

Just a dream. Only a dream. I reminded myself.

"Whatever it was, it was only a dream, okay?" Seth said as he cupped my face in his hands.

"Yeah, yeah." I agreed. "Only a dream."

"Go get ready for breakfast," he said.

"Yeah, sure." I said as I got up from the bed and towards the closet. I got clean undergarments and my towel, headed to the bathroom and sought for a nice, warm bath.

"So, wanna join us ride the cable cars after breakfast?" Paul invited. "The whole team's coming."

Right now, were having breakfast peacefully on our table and oh, we also have Paul and Marcy right here.

"Um..." Seth said and then looked at me, asking me with his eyes, 'do you want to?'

"But if you already have other plans then..." Marcy trailed off, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Oh, we would love to come with you," I said.

"Great," Marcy exclaimed and they walked away back to their table, Paul's arm around Marcy's waist.

"I thought they were just friends?" I asked Seth.

"Anybody can do that," He said. "We do that."

I shrugged. Well, he's got a point.

I finished my bacon and toast and then drank the orange juice in the tall glass beside my plate.

We all met up outside the resto and we all headed to the cable cars.

The cable cars were supposed to carry 6 people each car but since no one else was falling in line except us, the man incharge of the ride made it four person per car.

"Hey Thea, Seth, can we join you?" Paul asked, holding Marcy's hand.

"Of course," Seth said.

We stepped in the second cable car. Seth and I stood facing the view on the left side of the cable.

"They're holding hands. Can you now tell me they're a couple?" I whispered to Seth as the car started to move.

He sighed. "Everybody can do that. We can." He said and took my left hand in his right.

Too dumbfounded both by Seth's fearless move and the view that was so astonishing, I couldn't snatch my hand away from his and just decided to savor the moment.

I sighed happily. This might happen only once.

So I leaned against Seth, rested my head on his chest and I felt his breathing cut short.

"Still not used to me?" I teased, his words firing back at him.

"Not used to what you're doing," he replied but his breathing became normal again and that cocky smirk of his appeared on his face.

"But let's just enjoy the moment, shall we?" He said, returning the favor by wrapping an arm tightly around my waist and resting his chin on my head.

I sighed. I hope this was actually real.

***

"Oh, oh! The pony!" I exclaimed as I dragged Seth behind me.

The day blossomed to be a bright and beautiful one and Seth and I are now at the petting zoo of the resort.

A baby horse with golden fur and mane and just half of Seth's height, went trotting over us as I also tried to get near it slowly, afraid it'll go and run away.

"Awww," I cooed as I folded my knees to be level with the pony.

It nuzzled against my hand and I giggled.

"Seth, come on, touch it!" I said.

"You said to me every time we encounter an animal," he said but nonetheless, folded his legs too and caressed the horse's mane.

"Aren't you a lovely little pony?" I cooed.

The pony suddenly turned 360 degrees and trotted over a bush.

Seth and I stood up and Seth suddenly exclaimed, "Oh god, Thea, is that your long-lost twin?"

"What twin?" I asked as I followed his gaze.

My jaw dropped.

He was talking about a goat.

A big goat. And it had horns.

"Haha Seth, very funny," I said, stalking away from him.

"Oh, I was just kidding!" He exclaimed.

"I know," I stated.

"Say, why don't we go play bowling?" Seth asked.

I turned around to face him. "Are you kidding me? Bowling?"

"Don't tell me you don't know how to throw a bowling ball," he said.

I turned around again and crossed my arms across my chest. "Okay, fine. I wont tell you,"

"I can teach you," he offered.

I turned back to Seth."And then what, you'll laugh at me all day?"

"Maybe," he said.

"See?!" I exclaimed.

"Or not," he continued.

"Oh, you are such an ass," I said, giving up an aggravated sigh.

"No seriously, I'm going to teach you," he said.

"No thank you," I replied.

"You know what Thea Hartens?" He suddenly said.

"What?"

"I don't take a no for an answer." He said while grabbing my hand and I reluctantly followed.

***

"Now put your left leg forward and from your right leg, shift your weight to the left leg and in the process, the free hand should be relaxed on your side and with the hand holding the ball, swing your arm from the back then forward and release the ball," he said as he demonstrated it.

The ball rolled forward and hit the bowling pins.

All of the pins tumbled down.

He straightened up and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Show off," I said.

"Your turn," Seth said.

I neared him and he guided me to the starting position.

He was behind me, steadied my shoulders, bent my trunk correctly and lightly putting his hand on top of as I held the heavy bowling bowl. I swung my arm with the added force Seth supplied me with and let go the ball when Seth said so.

The ball went straight halfway but eventually went diagonal, going to the left, and I got gutterballed.

I frowned. Where was the so-called beginner's luck?

"We can try again," he suggested.

"Of course we can," I said, getting another ball.

I went back to the end of the lane and Seth went behind me again, and corrected my trunk because that was the only thing that was wrong in my position.

After I released the ball, it went rolling forward and forward.

Fingers crossed, I hoped it would hit a pin.

No such luck. It went gutterball again.

"Ugh! Almost there!" I exclaimed and then went to get another ball.

I almost got into the ready position when I said to Seth, "Why don't you do it?"

I offered him the ball and he took it easily.

"Watch," he said.

He got into the position, swung his arm backwards then forward, releasing it when it was most nearest the floor.

Aha!

The ball rolled forward and then slammed against the pins, knocking all of it down.

"Okay, my turn," I said, getting a ball as he stepped aside.

Not forgetting everything that Seth told me, I swung the ball backward then forward while I transferred my weight into my forwarded leg then released the ball when I sensed it was near the floor. I did it with just Seth watching. No guidance or anything.

The ball rolled smoothly forward and almost gutterballed infront of the pins but it hit 2 pins on the right side then one of the pins I knocked with the ball hit another pin and that pin came contact with the floor.

"Woo-hoo!" I cheered. That was 3 pins I knocked down.

"Bravo," he said with that annoying smirk on his face.

I mocked a bow infront of him and took a seat at the velvety chairs for the audience.

"Now, entertain me," I said in my most try-hard imitation of British accent.

"Yes, milady," he said, with equal imitation of formality and then rolled his eyes and went to get a bowling ball.

A few hours later, after I decided to play bowling again in a different lane, I felt hungry and tired. I checked the time and it was already 12:37.

"Hey, can we go eat lunch already?" I asked Seth as he threw another bowling ball into the lane.

He didn't seem to listen because he didn't even try to say 'what?'.

The ball he threw knocked all pins down.

"YES!" He exclaimed. "26 in a row, I broke my record!"

Then he turned to me. "What did you say?"

"Can we go eat lunch?" I asked again.

He looked at his watch and then said, "Okay, but one last throw."

He got a ball and threw it on the lane.

Strike. For the 27th time.

"Okay, let's go," I said. My stomach was really growling right now.

"Wait, wait, last two." He said.

"No, that is enough." I said as I slapped his hand when he touched a bowling ball.

"Aww, okay, okay, Princess." He said as he laughed a little. "But one mo--"

"No." I cut him off.

He sighed. "Okay, okay,"

The back part of the resto came into view and I hurriedly bounded towards it when Seth grabbed my wrist and we hid on a bush almost near the resto.

"What are we hiding from?" I whispered.

Just then, I heard someone moan.

Goosebumps started to raise on my arms as flashes of what happened in the Rasiven's came flooding back to me.

"Hey, are you alright?" Seth asked.

"Yes." I said. "Yes, I am."

"As we pass the side of the resto, don't make a noise, okay?" He instructed.

"But from who are we hiding from?" Seth asked.

"From two people who are hiding so that they won't be caught making out," Seth said.

"We're hiding from people hiding?" I said.

What I said even confused me.

"Not actually hiding. Just doing them a favor by keeping out of sight and," he said then turned and faced me, "by not telling this to other people,"

"Who are those making out?" I asked.

"Why don't you sneak a peek?" He replied.

I kneeled infront of the bush and carefully peeked from it.

Oh. My. God.

There, on the wall in the backside of the resto was the so-called friends, Marcy and Paul, practically eating their faces off.

I sat back on the ground and looked at Seth.

"I told you, something is really going on between those two." I said and before he could reply, I added, "And, don't tell me that anyone could do that,"

He shrugged. "I think anyone can do that,"

"No!" I exclaimed.

Because if he thought anyone can do it and I argue with him, he's going to...

First, we saw Paul wrap an arm around Marcy's waist. We do that so I was proven that anyone can do that. And let's not forget the holding hands. When Marcy and Paul did that, Seth also did it to me. And now...

ARGGGGHHH, no!

HE CANNOT KISS ME RIGHT NOW.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Just, no.

I snorted, realizing how assuming I was getting.

He won't kiss you. He doesn't even like you. My brain retorted.

"Why don't you want to believe that Marcy and Paul are together?" I asked.

"I didn't say I didn't believe," he replied.

"Well, it's written all over you," I said

"You know what, forget it. This is pointless," he said, secretly clenching and unclenching his fists.

After we had lunch, we agreed to have horseback riding.

"Do not mention this to Sarah," Seth said as we rode side by side.

I nodded. And I understood why. The
little girl once told me she loved horses and especially ponies with rainbow-colored tail.

We rode in silence, just enjoying the moment together.

"Hey Thea," Seth said.

"Yes?" I replied.

"What do you think will happen to us after the seminar?" Seth asked.

"I... I don't know," I answered. "I hope we could stay as friends,"

Hypocrite, my brain said.

"Friends?" Seth asked.

"Mm-hmm," I replied, looking at him, meeting his gaze. "Aren't we?"

"Yeah, we are," he replied, looking away.

"We could be more than friends, you know," the words uncontrollably slipped off my mouth.

He looked at me and showed me that meant 'are you even serious?'.

I think he got it the wrong way.

"But less than a relationship," I added.

"Like friends with benefits?" he asked.

"No!" I said, facepalming myself. "I mean, we could be bestfriends," I said and added emphasis on the word 'best'.

"Yeah, sure," he replied, looking away.

"We can try?" I asked.

"Yeah." he said.

We shared a moment of silence until Seth broke it.

"So, if we're going to be bestfriends, I think I would be interested in knowing you more," he said, meeting my gaze.

"I would be interested in knowing you more, too," I replied.

***

After horseback riding, Seth and I decided to settle in the spa and we got in a little warm square pool with little fishes in it and the spa lady told us that the fishes were meant to massage you.

After the lady wished us enjoyment, she left and left the two of us alone.

"This is nice," Seth said, sitting on built-in chairs underwater, on the other side of the pool.

And the pool was so little that Seth and I were just 2 meters apart.

We were submerged from our chest to toe and the little fishies were absolutely tickling me.

"When's your birthday by the way?" Seth asked me.

"July 22," I replied. "You?"

"January 17," he said.

"So you're..." I trailed off, counting mentally our age gap.

"6 months older than me," I continued. "Why do you sing anyway?"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"No, it's just that the stereotype guys your age just doesn't sing." I said.

"I got it from my mom. She loves to sing." He replied. "I remember the first time seeing you, you know. It was in third grade, where I was just a transferee. You once told me you could be my friend but I didn't even talk a single word to you."

"Really? I don't really remember those days anymore," I said. "I can't even remember how you looked back then."

"I still remember you, though," he said. "You still had curly hair but then it was still golden brown and always in pigtails,"

My jaw dropped.

"And you had that little bracelet with plastic flowers beads on it that your 'boyfriend' gave you," he said with a little smirk.

"Oh god, how did you know?" I asked.

"Your bestfriend that time announced it in the whole class," he said.

"Really? I'm going yo kill her for that." I said.

Layla Sinclair was my bestfriend since I was just in first grade. But then by fourth grade, she started to hang out with other girls and I was kind of lonely back then. Well, until fifth grade where I met Grace, Jasmine, Ethan and Robert.

"Oh, I remember that I never knew who gave that to me. I just found it in my table in the middle of third grade. Layla made the 'boyfriend' up, " I added.

"But then I gave it to her in 9th birthday." I finished.

By the way, Layla became one of the popular girls here at school and completely forgot about me. She was gorgeous, yes, and every boy in school wanted her.

Me, by the way, who was the energetic and bubbly girl when we were still BFFs with Layla, became the silent type of girl and blocked every gossip out because left and right, it was all about Layla.

But then she had to go to California for I don't know what reason and her partner for being popular, Georgia Tinsley, took her throne and became the world's greatest bitch.

But Georgia's a different story.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because she said she really wanted it and because we were bestfriends, I gave it to her. Although I hated to give away something I really treasured."

"And what happened to the bracelet?"

"I don't know," I said. "Part of me says that I shouldn't have given her the bracelet because I know someone gave it to me."

"Someone gave it to you?" He repeated. "How did you know? Why didn't you just thought that maybe it fell near your desk and thought it was yours so they placed it on your table,"

"I did thought of that," I defended. "But I have a strong feeling that it was really given to me. The person just didn't show up."

"You know what, come here," he said, opening his arms.

"Why?" I asked, raising my eyebrows him.

"Just... come here," he said.

"What if I don't?" I asked.

"Then I'll be the one who'll be coming there." He replied.

Shyly, I walked towards Seth and welcome his embrace. He wrapped his arms around me tightly like one of the fishes would steal me away from him.

I rested my head on his upper right chest and sighed.

"You know what, you're pretty," he said.

I chuckled as I felt my face heating up. "Shut up. What's this, confession time?"

"Kind of," he said.

"Okay, Father, can I confess something?" I said, not moving.

"What?" he replied, a smile on his voice.

"Your smile is the prettiest smile I've ever seen. It completes your good looks, you know," I said.

"Can I confess something too?" I heard him ask.

"Sure," I said, lifting my head up and looked at him.

He turned and faced me.

"This smile only exist when I'm with you."

And then he pressed my lips into mine and I didn't even try to pull back.

Instead, my mouth moved in sync with his, as I savored every single second of my first kiss.

*****************************
A/N: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

That's enough for now, okay? Be contented with that because I'm so pressured right now with school and the upcoming exams. So, pardon me if I update the next chapter in a long time.

But don't worry, I won't update it that long.

And btw again, what if we make a page for this story on fb?

Comment your answers if you agree or disagree and don't forget to tell me what you think about this chapter.

P.S.: Why dont we try this-- I'm @saaabbyposas in Instagram. Screenshot your fave part of the story then hashtag it to #tbbiwfavepart and tag me. I'm expecting :))

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Vote, COMMENT and promote! <3