[49]: Can You Feel The Love?

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Oh nothing really. I'm just creeping down the stairs as quietly as I can at 3 am while my heart banged against my chest loudly, both from worrying of being caught sneaking out by my parents and if Grace was still alive.

Ethan called a few minutes ago, obviously drunk but obviously panicking too, saying that Grace fell from the stairs and ended up with a bleeding forehead. They couldn't call an ambulance because they would be busted, especially since they had alcohol all over the place. And they couldn't go to the hospital because they all reek of alcohol and nobody was sober enough to drive.

And because my friends were total geniuses, they decided to wake me up so I could be an alternative hospital.

I grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom and wrote a 'went for groceries, be back soon ♡' on a Post-it and stuck it on the counter.

Without wasting any time, I rushed out of the house and since I couldn't risk starting up my car and waking up my parents, I ran.

***

About 7 minutes later, I reached Robert's house. Jasmine was waiting for me outside with her face streaked with mascara from her tears. She guided me inside and led me to a room on the first floor of the house. Grace was on the bed, not moving, with Ethan sitting beside her.

"Ethan!" I called, jogging towards them.

"Thea!" Ethan exclaimed in relief.

Once I saw Grace, I resisted the urge to cry. Somebody had tried to clean her head but it was still bleeding and her skin was turning pale.

I quickly dropped on my knees and shook Grace. "Grace! Wake up! Wake up!"

She didn't budge. "Grace! Grace!"

This time, she stirred a little. "Oh come on Grace, wake up. Grace! Wake up, Grace!"

Thank God she opened her eyes but not fully. "Mmm-mm, head hurts," she mumbled.

"I know, I know," I said, checking her pulse. "Don't go back to sleep, okay? Do you remember your name?"

"Thea?" She asked. At least she knew mine.

"Yes, my name's Thea. What's yours?" I turned to Ethan. "Get me some water to clean her head and for drinking."

"Amazing Grace," she answered weakly.

"Well, amazing Grace, tell me what happened on the stairs," I said.

She blinked slowly. "I saw someone making out."

I opened the kit and took out a cleaning cloth as I saw Ethan running towards us with a small bowl of water. "Is that why you fell down?"

"No," she replied. "There were lots of steps. Hundreds."

This is why I don't drink.

I wet the cloth in the water Ethan brought and starting cleaning her head. Then I located her wound and found a bloody mess on the left side of her head.

"Thea, I want to sleep," Grace muttered.

"No, not yet Gracey, not now," I replied as I cleaned her wound.

"My head hurts," she complained.

"Hang on," I said, my voice cracking. Jasmine started sobbing on Ethan and I didn't realize I was too.

"Hold her head up, Ethan," I instructed him, readying the triangular bandage after I finished putting on the dressing. Ethan complied and I put the bandage on.