[31]: Realizations

(Forgive me for inserting an author's note at the first part of the chapter.)

Who is Daniel?

To those who remember, congratulations! And to those who do not, well, Daniel Hughes is the guy that Thea met in the mall. And the guy that comforted her after Jasmine announced at church that Robert and her made out. If still not clear, refer to Chapters 14, 15 and 16.

Okay, let's go for chap 31. <3

[31]: Realizations

"I TOLD YOU I'M GONNA see you after your seminar," he said, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged back. Oh, boy how I missed him!

"Since when were you here at school?" I asked after we pulled away.

"Oh, just today. It should've been yesterday but I wasn't feeling well so Layla insisted that I should stay at our hotel first," he said.

My heart dropped in the mention of Layla's name. "You... you came here with Layla?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's my cousin." He said.

I looked at Grace. At first she was staring at Daniel, her mouth half open and then turned to me, telling me that she was equally surprised as I was.

"Oh, well, look at the time," Grace said. "Daniel, what's your first period?"

"Ummm..." he trailed off, reaching for something in his pocket. He fished out a small pink paper, took a look at it and then replied, "Biology."

"And where is the folder you're supposed to have that contains all the files you need to have and know?" Grace asked.

"It's in my locker." He replied. "Don't worry, if I get late, I have an excuse. I'm a newbie in here."

"Oh, sure." I mumbled while Grace stifled a laugh. I hope he could handle the old lady in biology.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," Grace replied. "Why don't I just go with you, okay? Thea, you go now too because you're going to be late if you don't start moving."

I nodded. "Bye!" I said, waving my hand at them, watching them go.

I proceeded walking too, turning right at the corner.

***

"Just do your best," Grace encouraged.

"I know I can do my best," I said. "But I don't think I'll work out well with Seth on stage with me."

"Singing with Seth isn't a big problem," Jasmine replied. "It'll just make you more popu--" She didn't even dare to finish when I gave her a look that said 'say-the-word-or-I'll-kill-you'.

She mumbled a sorry.

It was lunch time and Grace, Jasmine, Ethan and I were on the same place like we were yesterday.

"Oh there she is," I heard a familiar voice say, not too far from us.

All heads whipped to where the voice came from.

Seth neared us, with Ivan following him. "Hey piglet," he said out loud, making everyone in the school grounds hear what he said, giving me one of those cute boy head-nods.

Oh come on, if he wants to call me names in public, 'Princess' would have been a lot more better.

"What was that?" He asked.

"What do you want?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Remember what's after lunch," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.