[5]: Lunch With The Bad Boys

-Second Period | Biology

In Biology class, instead of desks, we have those big brown laboratory tables that students share and we get to sit on those turning stools. In our table, this has a six-people capacity and we were only five so there's enough space for us to work and write.

"So Meredith told me in my first period that she saw Thea with Seth awhile ago in the morning." Grace said.

All the other three heads looked up from their sheet of paper.

"And, oh, it gets better: Seth gave Thea a ride today." She added "Is that true?"

"Yeah, so?" I replied.

"So? What did I tell you before? Seth Deavon is never ever seen with a girl. Plus一he never let anyone to ride on his bike. Hell he doesn't want anybody to go near it!" Grace exclaimed.

"Err, what? Do I get to feel special?" I asked.

Grace tsked at me.

"Okay, listen guys, I was late okay? I missed the bus一"

"Yeah, and I had to ride it without you." Ethan piped in.

"Sorry. Well I was late because I一"

"Hit snooze instead of off." Jasmine said.

"Yeah. And一"

"It came to your senses that your alarm clock kept on blaring every five minutes." Bobby guessed.

FYI, my friends know this because so far, this was the only reason if I was late.

"Yes! Then Seth一"

"Offered you a ride to school." Grace finished.

"I didn't want to get a tardy and detention so I took the risk." I said. "Whew. That was the only sentence you let me finish."

"What a goody-goody." Ethan sighed.

"Hey, I heard that!" I exclaimed.

"So how was it?" Jasmine asked.

"How was it what?" I asked.

"The ride," Grace said.

"It was a hell-diving experience and I learned that the jerk didn't know that "Speed Limit" did exist." I replied.

Their eyes widened.

"What?" I asked.

"You called him a jerk." Grace said, pointing to Seth.

Seth was there, seated on the table at the very back of the classroom with Tristan Collins and Arthur Iñiguez, answering their sheets.

"So? Like he's not." I replied.

Grace and Jasmine shook their heads in exasperation while Ethan decided to continue answering his experimenting sheet.

"You're so different, Thea." Bobby said.

***

"Okay, so let's start class." Mrs. Parker said, my fourth period class, even there's still two minutes left to officially start this boring session.

Just then, Ivan Jensen walked in.

"Late again, Jensen. Along with the others." Mrs. Parker said.

Tristan Collins walked in too. "Sorry Mrs. Parker. But if I'm correct, we are not. There's..." He paused, then checked his watch. "One minute before class starts."