[19]: We're Here

[19]: We're Here

"HEY," I HEARD SOMEONE SAY. 

I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep.

"Thea," the person said, this time a little louder and I could recognize that sexy masculine voice--Seth's.

"Thea," he said, nudging my shoulder.

I groaned internally. "Okay, okay, I'm awake." I said, lifting my head up.

My precious sleeping was over. Well, who wouldn't want to sleep if all of the car aircondition was aimed at you?

I rubbed my eyes and felt that the car was on but wasn't running. I could still feel the cold air from the car air conditioner blasting in my face.

Still feeling sleepy, I tried to make out the surroundings--all I could see was cars, sunshine and flowers, trees and grass everywhere.

"In case you're wondering, we're here." Seth said as he turned off the AC and engine off.

We're here? 

Ecstatic, I opened the door and jumped out of the car. 

Sunshine graced me with warmth while the cool air breezed by. I inhaled the sweet smell of the flowers and closed my eyes to relax.

This is paradise.

And we're still in the car park.

"Like the place?" I heard Seth ask.

I opened my eyes. "I love it." I replied.

Seth and I went to the trunk of the car and got our bags. Well since Seth only got two bags and I got four, mind you, he helped me carry my other two bags.

"This is just a seminar, Thea. Not some fashion show." Seth said as we started walking.

"This will last for five days, Seth." I pointed out.

"Yeah, so?" 

"I guess men don't know what packing up means." I muttered.

Seth produced a small paper from his pocket and seemed to read it.

"Hey, what's that?" I asked.

"It's some guide or something for the LTS trainees." Seth said. 

"Where'd you get it?"

"From the guy at the entrance." He replied.

I decided to stop talking and admire the surroundings. The place we were walking was made out of red bricks--the floor and the high walls.

I was eager to find out what was above us. 

***

"Mr. Deavon and Ms. Hartens?" The cheery young girl receptionist by the door of the function hall asked after she told us to state the school we were from.

"Yes." Seth said with no emotion at all.

"Okay," she said, her smile fading but she put it on again. "You can come in now."

Seth just walked inside and didn't glance at the girl again. Me, feeling for the receptionist on how rude Seth was to her, I nodded and smiled at her as thanks.

We entered the function hall, which was a big and long room wit boring white walls. The activity hall was set up like a classroom, the only difference was instead of a blackboard, there was a movable whiteboard. Next, instead of ceiling fans, it was air conditioned.

The tables were arranged by two's in three columns and some tables were already occupied by pairs by representatives from other schools. 

Seth and I decided to sit on the third row of the first column and we put our bags by the wall like everyone else did.