[35]: Fantasy

[35]: Fantasy

"THEA, SETH, WAKE UP," SOMEONE'S sweet and gentle voice said.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at what my head was recently resting on. It was Seth's shoulders.

How on earth did we end up this way?

"I certainly can't allow the two of you to sleep in here,"

I quickly sat up and looked at Marie who was smiling at us.

"Oh no, Marie, we're not-- we didn't do anything!" I said.

"I know, dear. Now, I want the two of you upstairs and get some sleep." Marie said.

"Ma, be quiet," I heard Seth groan behind me. I looked at him and watch his face turn tense as he continued to sleep.

"Go to bed, young man." Marie said, smiling and turning around. "Good night, Thea."

I nodded and turned to Seth to wake him up. I checked my watch and it read 1:13 in the morning.

"Seth," I said.

"Mmmm?"

"Let's go inside," I said, getting out of the car.

"Mmm," I heard a faint reply from him.

I went around the car and opened the driver's door, woke Seth up and helped him get up, walk and get to his room.

As soon as we reached his room, we walked straight towards his bed. We plopped in it, back-first as he locked his arms around my waist, making me lay ontop of him.

"Seth, let go," I said.

"Go to sleep," he mumbled.

"I can't if I'm in this position," I replied.

He loosened his arms around me and he turned to lay in his side, making me fall on the bed, beside him.

"Turn the AC on," he mumbled.

I twisted my body to the right where his night table was and reached for the AC remote. I pressed the on button and set the remote back on the table again.

"Good night, Seth," I said as I nestled my head on the crook of his neck and started to go into a deep slumber.

And I felt something soft kiss my forehead, making me smile as I felt safe in the pitch black darkness that was overriding me.

***

A faint ring of the alarm and vibration of my phone against my right thigh brought me back to consciousness.

I sat up on the bed and reached for my phone inside my skirt's pocket.

I checked my phone and the time was 5:00, my usual waking up time.

"Seth," I said, shaking his shoulders.

As expected, there was no reply.

"Seth," I said again, repeating the exact action.

"Mmmm?" He replied.

"Wake up. Just so you know, I'm going to take a bath now and get ready for school," I said.

"Mmmmmm," came out his reply.

"And you should start moving too." I said as I begin to untangle my legs from the blankets.

"Hey Thei?" I suddenly heard him mutter.

"Yes?" I replied, turning my head to him.

"Why don't we ditch school?" He suggested.