[8]: The Mob Of Students

"A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow." ~Richard Bach

[8]: The Mob Of Students

(Date: October 19)

MY ALARM BLARED AND I slammed it off.

I was almost一almost一getting cozy again when something warm and damp was licking my face.

My eyes quickly opened and found myself face to face with my golden Labrador Retriever, Richard.

"Eww, Rich." I said, trying to get up. "Good morning to you too."

He barked happily and I got up from the bed and went straight to the shower.

After seven minutes, I dried myself and put on my school uniform. Then goes my socks and shoes.

Next, I left my soft brown locks to its usual style: unequally divided一the left side of my head having more amount of hair than the right side.

I put on some jewelry too: a pair of amethyst circle earrings, rimmed with gold and I put on the matching necklace: gold and chain-linked with a heart pendant encrusted with very small purple gemstones.

I didn't remove the silver chain bracelet that I was currently wearing.

This was a gift from Grace, Ethan, Jasmine and Bobby in my 15th birthday. They bought the bracelet along with some charms一a microphone from Ethan, a four-leafed clover from Jasmine, a cute pointe shoes from Grace (I do ballet) and a BFF (with a crown on the B) charm from Bobby一all silver. I bought a charm for myself too: an Eiffel tower. And I swore to myself to always wear this.

I started to put make-up on my make-up free face. First, foundation. Next, eyeliner. Then, putting on that red lip stain which made me yelp from it's minty sting.

I checked the time一7:45 a.m.一strong sunlight was already pouring in my room.

Just then a thought popped in my mind.

Today is the day I'll be mobbed by people.

Be strong. Be brave. You can avoid them.

I grabbed my bag and proceeded downstairs to have breakfast.

*************

When I saw Seth driving his bike out the driveway, my heart stopped. The embarrassing memories of what happened yesterday evening came back to me.

Don't let him see you, Thea! Run to the bus stop!

I eyed the bus stop and no one was already there.

Just my luck, the bus left without me. I feel... rejected.

Stop it, Thea! You're getting too sentimentalit's just a bus! My inner voice snapped at me.

"Hey Thea! Where are you going?" I heard Seth call behind me.

"Away from you!" I replied when he drove closer to me.

"Why? Wouldn't you want to wrap your arms around me again?" He mocked.

"Shut up."

"Hey, what's with the attitude?"

"Go away."

"What's gotten you to that mood, Thea?"

"You." I said, stopping in tracks and narrowing my eyes at him.

"Me?" He asked, making it sound like a sentence.

"Yeah you. We attract too much attention." I said. "People go crazy on us. I can't keep up on what's happening."