[37]: Goofed-Up

I taste you on my lips and I can't get rid of you
So I say damn your kiss and the awful things you do
Yeah, you're worse than nicotine

~Nicotine | Panic! At The Disco

[37]: Goofed-Up

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MAD at Seth.

I should have been mad at what he did last night, making me annoyed and mad awand furious and then he just kissed me, making me swooning at his feet again.

I don't care, was all my body chanted. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. He toyed with my feelings but I do not care.

So here I am, just woken up from the alarm and sitting up on my bed, a goofy smile on my face.

D*mn Seth Deavon and his charms.

I shrugged myself out of the bed, the smile still plastered in my face. Eventually, I was almost done with my morning routine, trying to keep the grin off my face.

Of course I couldn't let Seth see me like this.

But suppressing the smile didn't affect my cheerful mood. I was still feeling ecstatic even though I have succeeded my mission into changing the huge grin into a small smile.

With one last stroke of the lipgloss brush on my lip, I picked up all my stuff and went out my bedroom door.

Ahhhhhh, the smell of breakfast was wafting in the air. Closing the door behind me, I started walking down towards the kitchen, seeing Marie in there, busy beating some eggs.

"Good morning Marie," I greeted as I sat down the table.

"Seems like someone had a good night," she replied. "Good morning to you too, dear."

Guessing that I still had that weird and imperishable smile on my face, a small blush crept up to my face and I felt my cheeks warm up.

Reaching for my spoon and fork, I started digging in the food. When I was halfway in finishing my food, Seth started to come down from the stairs.

And just like that, my eyes were glued to him.

Why? Because, is it only just me or he's a lot more handsome and irresistible today?

Oh my god, I thought as he ascended down the stairs, fixing the buttons of his uniform, with his disheveled hair and a strap of his backpack slung on his right shoulder.

Once he saw me do whatever I was doing (seriously, I had no idea what I was doing that time), amusement flickered in his eyes as he raised an eyebrow at me.

I blinked and I felt like the time went ticking again. I looked at my food and then remembered what I was doing.

Oh yes, I was eating.

Putting my attention back on my food, I tried not to look at him but failed when he sat on the chair right across me.

"Good morning, Ma," he said to Marie. "Good morning Thei."

I looked up to him and finally got the chance to show the smile I was hiding awhile ago. "Good morning," I said.

And when I say good morning, it sure is.

But this morning is a lot more better.

***

Seth drove into the school's parking area and parked the car in an empty space.

After he turned the engine off, either of us moved out of the car.

"So what are we in the school population's eyes?" Seth asked.