6.0 -- 3 Patches of red

[unedited]

Today Luke hung out with Macie, Spike, Dylan and the others. Calum told him that he was going to walk around the town, and who was he to say no. He tugged on his lip piercing as everyone started snorting or lighting up their blunts.

"Guys, you're going to make me addicted again"

"Just do it man"

"No, I'll get addicted..then I'll hurt Calum when I'm high and-"

"We get it, we get it gosh" Danny rolled his eyes.

"Problem?"

"That's all you ever talk about! Calum did this, Calum was acting so sassy"

Luke rolled his eyes and started to text Calum, you okay?

i'm fine..are you okay?

yeah, Luke smiled and put his phone away looking at his group.

"Planning on going out tonight, there's a sick party downtown"

"Fuck yes, never turned down a bitch ass party", Luke smirked pulling out a cigarette.

"Does your boyfriend complain about your smoking habits?"

"I only do it to release stress and worry"

"What the fuck are you worried about?"

He cupped a hand over the cigarette and lit it, taking a drag after. "Cal, I should've never let him go alone", his leg started shaking and he huffed in the fumes harder, "fuck"

"Dude, chill. He'll be okay"

"You know how many crazy fuckers are out here? Fuck this shit--I'm going to look for him, I'll see you guys later", he smacked the bud on the ground and stomped on it.

"NO! YOU CAN'T WASTE YOUR LIFE WORRYING ABOUT THAT BOY"

"You think I asked to worry about him? No, it just happened. I never asked to fall for those stupid brown eyes or that disgusting pout. It just happened, and that's the way life is."

"I still don't think you should-"

Luke walked out the door and got in his car. He started it up, but it died down...he cursed and realized he was out of gas. He went back in and huffed, "I need to borrow one of your guys' keys so I can get some gas"

"See! It's a sign!" Spike yelled.

"Bullshit! I hate when people say that. Give me your keys Mace" Luke ordered. She tossed him her keys and he ran out. He drove to the nearest gas station and bought a fuel tank rushing out the store.

::

He began driving and called the raven haired boy. It kept ringing and his index finger tapped the steering wheel. "Come on, come on, pick up". He called at least 5 times by now and his heart was racing fast. "Shit" he yelled calling again putting it to his ear. He pulled over on the side of the road and started taking deep breaths, it was working but then the negative thoughts filled his head again. By this time, he'd call at least 7 times, then on his 8th time he picked up. He sighed in relief and put his head back on the head rest, "hey, Calum"