7.1 -- Sick

beep, beep, beep...

Calum held Luke's hand tightly trying not to sob. He promised Luke not to cry...he promised.

"Hey...I'm okay, it's fine...", Luke said softly.

"You said that before, look what happened"

Luke sat up in the cold hospital bed, "come here"

Cal climbed on his boyfriends lap and laid his head on his chest sniffling softly. Luke put the blanket over both of them rubbing Calum's back. "If you die, I'm going to kill myself"

"CALUM! NO THE FUCK YOU WILL NOT!"

"YES! And you can't do anything because you wouldn't be here...with me..", tears began leaving his doe eyes and tried to keep them hidden from the blonde.

Luke huffed and they heard a knock.

"Luke Hemmings?"

"That would be me"

The doctor came in with a clipboard and looked towards Luke, "we have your condition"

"Cal...leave"

"NO!"

"Please..."

Calum hugged him and walked out the room. The doctors smiled sadly at the blonde man and started to speak, "you had a stroke...when we sampled your blood, we found nicotine..."

Luke licked his lips, "so...it's nothing serious?"

"Of course it's serious, you're going to need to cut down on some things..."

"I can't quit smoking"

"Well, if you continue, you have to say goodbye to that pretty little boy of yours because, you can get worse than a stroke, and you know what I'm talking about. I guess it depends on how much you care"

Luke rubbed his face. He realized to have Calum, he's having to give up on all these things he loves doing. He huffed.

"Here's some papers you need to sign, you also need to get this special prescription, you can ask him to get it for you because you'll be in here for about a week or longer"

"Fuck", Luke mumbled under his breath

The doctor left and the door opened revealing Calum with red eyes, he closed the door and climbed on top of Luke again. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah--I'm fine"

"Lukey, please don't lie to--"

"I am, the doctor prescribed me to some medicine and you have to get it for me"

"NO! I'm staying with you for however long you're staying"

Luke smiled softly and kissed his head, "okay, love"

::::

Calum could barely sleep, he was scared for Luke; watching him with hawk eyes making sure he was okay. He rubbed his thumb back and forth on his chest sighing and blinking fast. Soft snores escaped his soft plush lips and his lips twitched. Cal smiled and rested his head down on his chest hearing the heart monitor loudly.

light seeped through the window and Luke opened his eyes seeing Calum laying on him asleep. He has 2 more days in this hell hole and he couldn't wait to leave. Obviously having Cal here with him was making the time a little bit sweeter and shorter.

---

"We're glad you're okay, Lucas" Liz smiled trying to fight the tears.

Andrew nodded. "How's our son in law holding up?"

Luke licked his lips while smiling, "not yet, dad"

"WHY?!"

"Cause we're only in our twenties dad, give us time"

"Whatever" Andrew barked eating his green beans, "how is he?"

"He's not really being sassy at the moment, and that's good cause I don't really need that right now...he's doing everything for me and I feel bad"

"No! You're supposed to get better, Lucas, that's how it goes" Liz scowled.

"I know" Luke replied softly, "I just don't want him doing everything, y'know"

His parents nodded and they finished eating.

what are you doing?

nothing, just watching this weird movie

cool, i'm just sitting by the pool

luke i miss you

i miss you too...but you know parents and stuff

mhmm *yawns*

go to sleep baby

will you sing to me..? it's kind of hard when you're not holding me

i don't want to, cal

okay

caallll...

i'm not trying to make you feel bad

you are, i know you...

sing please???

Luke sighed, he really didn't want to. He sang Always by Holley Maher.

He heard snored and smiled, night baby

:::

Yes, it's short but the long chapters take so long to come out because I do other things