Chapter 3: Plan B

Hehe, Plan B... Get it? Plan B! No? Ok. Well, a lot of the main characters won't appear but some other characters get spotlights on them so yay/nay for everyone. Plan B, haha, still laughing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"So then what's the plan? Ryder asked curiously, unable to keep his attention on the Vogue magazine he'd picked up from the magazine rack. He and Julie were in the hospital waiting room back in Lima. It was Julie's first day back in town since leaving for the tour and the first ting she'd done, before she went to pick her dog up from Jake's house or went to drop off her luggage at home, was to finally go and meet her baby.

"I don't know," Julie admitted, looking up from the floor she had been stating at. "I know that I'll have to stay pretty hidden for the next few months now that I've started to show."

"But..." Ryder pointed out, though he wanted for her to slow down and stay put as much as anyone could. "Your new album... the movie..?"

"I can work on the album here," she shrugged. "'Cool for the Summer' will lose its momentum in a few weeks and that'll be the end of my debut album. So then I'll have to create and release another single to keep everyone busy. When my absence is noticed, my reps will say I've been ill but am working hard on this album. They'll say I have other projects. And the movie will speak for itself—besides, Nick is going to do great promo for it."

"Ok," Ryder nodded, not eager for her to change her mind. When he spoke again, it was to say, "What about Sam?"

"What about him?" Julie turned her attention to the blank, white walls. "He should be here already..."

"You said you told him nobody would ever know he was the father," Ryder said. "You really think he'll agree to that?"

"He will if he knows what's best for our baby," she murmured, still staring, unblinking, at the wall.

"But Julie," Ryder argued, "no father will want to keep the world from knowing who his kid is. It's in our nature to want to show off our kid, as messed up as that seems. We want to love our children and we don't care who knows. You really think he'll be ok with being so... restricted?"

"He gets to be a part of everything that counts," Julie shrugged. "Like this appointment. Why isn't he here yet?"

Ryder turned to the entrance, expecting Sam to walk in on cue and ease her worries. However, he didn't. Sam was nowhere to be found and, soon, it would be Julie's turn to go into a room and see her child for the very first time.

The truth, which Julie didn't seem to believe in too much, was that Sam wanted to be there with every inch of his body, but he was being held up. Currently, he was at the studio, where he'd made the mistake of dropping in earlier that day. He was tired from a long flight home and wanted nothing more than to sleep but there was a lot to get done and we arrived at the studio, he saw that he wasn't the only one that thought so. The place was packed with people, many whom he had never seen before in his life, and they all seemed to be in a rush.

"What's going on?" he asked when he saw Tyler and Amity, very serious looks on their faces, walking out of the board room.

"There's something Sebastian wants to tell us," Amity told him softly. "Sebastian has been waiting for us. He's in his office."

Sam nodded and followed them to the office, where he found Sebastian talking to John, while Alex, Dan and Santana stood behind him and witnessed the awkward encounter.

"I really don't care," Sebastian was saying, his voice cool but cruel all at once. "You can go on and get married in your own time. But it's not a good time for your band or for the music."