Chapter 69: Partners

Guess who has been keeping up with new music for once to serve you more recent bops? This girl!! A lot of more recent music coming up. And keep sending in your suggestions, whether it's new or old songs! Y'all have been sending in some great songs and I'm slowly catching up to using them! Also, don't forget to keep voting on those polls in my profile. They are constantly changing (especially the couples one!) so keep going!
--------------------------------------------

"I cannot believe you got married," Kitty said as she and Bree walked down the grocery store together. "Without me there! I understand that you needed just two witnesses but Jake and Peyton? Were they the only two people in town who you thought would be up for a last minute flight to Vegas?"

"Yes, actually," Bree responded. It was now Tuesday, April 12, and five days since Bree and Stefan had spontaneously decided to get married. They had taken Jake and Peyton with them and had a very quick ceremony. Jake and Peyton flew back that same night and Bree spent the next two days in the city with Stefan celebrating their union. Now it was her second day back in Lima and while most of her friends had congratulated her, Kitty was the first one to openly berate her decision.

"I'm really happy for you," Kitty said, as she had been repeating over and over again, "but didn't you want a big wedding? With a gorgeous white gown and all of us there to see Stefan attempt to put together decent vows? A performance from the glee club?" Bree gave her a look. "Kidding, kidding, that last part was obviously a joke. But seriously, I wish I could've been there to give my best friend toast."

"I know," Bree sighed, putting a few bottles of wine into the cart. "But you can give a toast Friday at Julie's dinner party if you want."

Kitty groaned. "Nah. That party's going to be a disaster, especially since the others will be back in town. You hear Dan might coming by, too?"

"I didn't," Bree shook her head. "I've been a little busy after all. You know, getting married."

Kitty turned to Bree and saw that she was glowing. Refraining from making any pregnancy accusations, she said, "Wow, you're really happy with Stefan, aren't you?"

"I am," Bree nodded. "We're still figuring some things out, what with him not done moving in with me, and having Ryder, Marley and the baby there, too... But it's a work in process and so far everything's good. I know you think I should've had a big wedding but... The only successful one in the last year was Quinn and Jesse's. And who knows if they'll even last long together, divorce rates are super high... But my point is that I didn't want to have the pressure that John and Leila had. And I definitely don't want any of Sam and Mandy's mess. I just wanted it to work. Sorry you didn't get to be there but you can kick me out of your future wedding if you want to."

Kitty laughed. "Bitch, I'll drag you there in chains if I have to. You're going to be at mine. That is, if I ever get married. The others are right, you know, I'm like some sort of relationship repellent. Even Councilman Kinchen stopped hitting on me already. When I was in DC and at the top of my game, working side by side with the president, I had at least one date per week, you know? Very casual, never went anywhere, but it was something. And now I'm a single mother to a teenage beautiful little devil and one of my best friends is married while the other is probably going to get married soon, too, and... It's a little hard, ok? Seeing everyone be so happy."

"You just have to find happiness in what you already have," said Bree. "Riley, for example. The twins and Ben and all these little ones just popping out. And trust that soon you'll get your happy ending."

"Soon," Kitty laughed, grabbing the shopping cart and pushing it forward. "Yeah, that'll be a while."

She tried to push the cart around the corner but, not bothering to take a look first, crashed it straight into someone else's cart. "Oh, sorry," said the other person, moving his cart out of the way. "Go ahead."