Chapter 58: Milestones

I had a version of this chapter that I think you all would've loved a lot better. But I spent some time rewriting it into something that I think is better for the story. So enjoy, hopefully! 

I will try to upload on Fridays from now on! I really need to focus on my schoolwork because I'm not doing too well right now but I will not be abandoning this story so I will still give you a little some-some whenever I can.

Also, if you could please take some time to click on my profile and go take the polls I've linked to on there. There are four:

HOW LONG SHOULD OUR NEXT TIME JUMP BE?

WHICH COUPLES SHOULD BE ENDGAME (GET MARRIED, HAVE KIDS, HAPPILY EVER AFTER SOONER RATHER THAN LATER)?

WHICH CHARACTERS SHOULD HASTA LA VISTA FOR A WHILE?

WHICH CHARACTERS THAT DON'T APPEAR AS MUCH SHOULD COME BACK?

On most of them, you can add your own answer if it's not listed. Please vote! Ask any of the Tumblr crew, I take these very seriously and for the most part do what you guys vote on! xx

---------------------------------------

As soon as the door open, Julie sat up straight and said, "Ryder, I—" but she stopped talking when she saw that it was Stefan standing there, leaning against the door frame now and smiling. 

"We can make this the honeymoon suite if you're ready, baby," he told her.

"Seriously," she rolled her eyes. "Where's Ryder?"

"He fled the state after realizing the grand mistake he'd made asking such an impolite little girl to be his wide," Stefan scoffed. Julie gave him a look so he said, "Ok, fine. He went downstairs for dinner. I'm heading down there myself."

Julie nodded and began walking towards the elevator, so Stefan stepped out and joined her. "What's that?" he asked, pointing to the paper sticking out of her pocket. 

"Don't worry about it," she said.

As they waited for the elevator to come up, Stefan asked, "So what are you going to tell him?"

"Don't worry about it," she repeated. When the elevator arrived, it was coming from up above. John, Amity, and Dan were inside, so Julie and Stefan stepped inside with them.

They were all quiet for about two seconds before everyone started asking Julie questions at the same time. Julie finally got them to stop talking when she shouted, "Ok, I can't understand what any of you are saying!"

"We want to know if you've answered yet," Dan said.

"She hasn't," Stefan told them.

"Are you going to say yes?" John asked curiously.

"Don't worry about it," Stefan answered. Julie gave him a look. "What? It's what you told me."

"You're not my brother or my best friend," she replied. "But if you must know, I'm going to say—"

The bell rang as the elevator stopped and the doors opened. Julie shrugged and they protested her refusal to answer and she stepped out of the elevator, leading the way to the restaurant. It was a short walk and even shorter one from the entrance to where the rest of their friends were already all gathered across several tables that had been pushed together yet again for them.

When she arrived, everyone stopped talking and they were all looking at her. Her friends took a seat and Ryder stood up, walking towards her. Julie looked around as everyone around watched them, wondering what she was saying to him.