Chapter 21: Newton's Third Law

Before you start reading, I just wanted to tell you to watch the video that I linked here to get all your Glee feels back.
------------------------------------------

GLEE SPIN-OFF SERIES

5x21
"Newton's Third Law"

by
arias3

COLD OPEN

NARRATOR opens the show with monologue while various clips play showing what he is talking about.

NARRATOR
So here's what you missed last time. Julie's pregnant and Sam's the father—

JULIE
That's not a two-headed baby... That's two babies!

NARRATOR
Marley was also pregnant with Ryder's baby but during the Halloween party she started going into labor.

JOHN
The baby's coming.

NARRATOR
It was really bad timing because Ryder had just admitted he had feelings for Julie and was about to tell her. Bummer. Also keeping secrets? Jake. Like not telling Kitty the one about Riley skipping school to hangout with the burnouts or the one about being asked to testify against a crime lord. Speaking of, Kara has to stay in Lima until that all blows over so now Alex has to watch over her. 

KARA
I can take care of myself. 

NARRATOR
So now Alex is totally uncomfortable, Julie's losing her cool and Jake doesn't know what to do anymore. And that's what you missed on... Glee!

CUT TO:

INT. SAINT AGNES HOSPITAL - PAST MIDNIGHT

BREE WELSH, 24, stands at the entrance of a hospital room. She watches with a bittersweet expression as RYDER LYNN, 25, and MARLEY ROSE, 24, share a sweet moment.

RYDER
He's beautiful

MARLEY
I agree...

Marley lies on the hospital bed, exhausted, sweaty and in tears. In her arms she is holding a newborn baby, BENJAMIN, and Ryder sits at the edge of the bed holding her hand in one of his and caressing the baby's cheek with his other hand. 

Marley looks up and notices Bree, who feels embarrassed.

BREE
Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt the moment. I'll go back to the waiting room.

MARLEY
No wait. Come back and meet your godson.

BREE is visibly shocked by that statement as she walks into the room.

BREE
My..? Really? 

Overwhelmed with joy, Bree moves towards them and her eyes swell with tears.

BREE
Oh, he really is beautiful.

RYDER
Of course he is! He's my son!

Marley and Bree laugh.

RYDER
No, but seriously. I hope he takes after you, Marley.

BREE
He looks like both of you... I can't tell just yet. But I'm so proud of this little boy being so cute and healthy. And I'm going to be the best godmother this world's ever seen.

Bree stands up suddenly.

BREE
Ooh! I have to go shop! There's so much I have to do to baby-proof and glam up the house before you guys come home with him!

Marley smiles as Bree dances out of the room, thrilled. Marley looks at Ben and then at Ryder.

MARLEY
You think she'll be this happy when she finds out who we chose as godfather?