Chapter 6: Small Bump

Someone was murdered at a Glee club reunion. Find out who did it! I am talking about a new story I wrote called "Fatal Reunion." It's a murder mystery and it's on this account so go check it out. But first... Read this chapter!!

Also, 1D and JB are releasing their albums on my birthday. I'm not really a fan of either but somehow, I found myself rooting for 1D..? I may or may not like them more without Zayn. It's something I can't explain.

There may be mistakes in this chapter. I wrote it in weird parts. Like, by character and not chronologically. So if something is out of place/doesn't make sense, I do apologized. I briefly checked but nobody's perfect (copyright Hannah Montana, Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus, Disc 1, Track 2, 2007-------or Jessie J, whatever). 
----------------------------------------------

"So are you going to behave from now on?" Kitty asked as she gathered her belongings. 

"Yes ma'am," Riley mumbled over her breakfast.

"And am I going to get more calls from Figgins?" she added.

"Nope," Riley answered.

Kitty gave her a look. "I mean it. You need to get your act together. Junior year is really important to colleges. I need you to work hard or there will be consequences, you got that?"

"Yes," Riley said. 

"Ok," Kitty told her, reaching down to kiss her forehead. "Have fun and be good. I'll see you when I get back from work." Kitty looked down at the time on her phone and then rushed out before she was late. When she was gone, Riley pushed aside her bowl and groaned.

"You're cranky," Jake told her. "Ready to go?"

"No," Riley rolled her eyes. "Why can't you just drop me off closer to the start of school?"

"Because maybe I have other things to do," Jake told her. Riley gave him a look so he said, "Look, Figgins wanted to talk to you before he officially revoked your suspension and then Finn asked to see you. So I figured you'd have to get there pretty early. Now come on. If you're late for this and get in trouble, Kitty will kill both of us."

***

When Sam walked into his apartment carrying the food he'd gone to pick up for Julie, he wasn't too surprised that she'd tired of waiting for ten minutes and instead started eating something out of his fridge. She was now on his couch, stuffing herself with a bowl of brown rice, while Tyler sat beside him and tapped away at his laptop keyboard.

"Ugh," Julie groaned as Tyler turned to her with an amused look on his face.

"Yup," Tyler told her with a nod.

"What's going on?" Sam asked, setting down the groceries and walking over to them.

Julie looked up at him and said, "The babies are going to be Sagittarius. We just read up on that sign and I don't like what I saw."

"What's wrong with being a Sagittarius?" Sam exhaled softly as he sat down beside her. He knew Julie was going to be looking for bad signs everywhere, even in the most surprising of places. While Sam was all for horoscopes to tell him his future, he knew Julie didn't believe in that, so it was odd for her to be paying attention now. 

Tyler moved the screen towards him so that he could read along as Julie explained, "To begin, look here. Fire sign. When has fire ever been a good thing?"

"Julie and I found out we're both water signs," Tyler added, lifting up a hand so that Julie could give him a high-five.

After she had, she said, "Ryder's baby is going to be a Scorpio—just like me, Sam. That kid is going to be passionate and headstrong and a really loyal friend. You know what our babies have going for them?" She turned to the screen and said, "'Speaks before thinking... tactless... Very impatient, tends to break promises." She looked at Sam once again, "Is that what we want for our children?"