Chapter 75: Own Worst Enemy

Hair feat. Sean Paul by Little Mix is absolutely lit! I recommend you buy it on iTunes or check it out on Spotify or something! It had been like 10 years since I heard a Sean Paul bop and I'm in love all over again.

Anyway, go ahead and read the chapter now, Gleeks! <3
------------------------------------------------

"I just wish you would've let me stay in Lima," Luke grumbled as he led Santana into her hotel suite in New York City. 

He started opening up the blinds and letting sunshine in as she replied, "Are you kidding me? You love every time I manage to get out you of there. Besides, this city is a thousand times better. And I'm about to go promote the hell out of my new single. Watch, this song is going to knock Amity and Sam's song right out of the charts." 

"Speaking of," said Luke, standing by the window and pointing out at it. 

Santana joined him and gasped, looking like she might faint. "Are you kidding me?!"

On the building across from them, a huge sign promoting Amity's song as well as Crystal Army's upcoming New York shows took up several stories. 

"What is this?" she freaked out. "Why is she on there? Why are they on there? Their show is already basically sold out! I need them to do this kind of promo for my single!"

"Calm down, calm down," Luke said, emulating calm breathing. "Just... In and out... Do it with me. Breathe in, breathe out."

"Breathing is not a priority right now!" Santana exclaimed.

Luke made a face. "I'm pretty sure breathing is always a priority," he said.

She shook her head. "I need to do something about this. But what? What can I do to get people talking?"

He shrugged, but she wasn't really looking for an answer from him. She just needed to figure out a way to announce to New York that she was back and that she was coming at them bigger and better than ever.

"I have an idea..." Luke said coyly. "Maybe you can ask Travis to come with you and have a surprise performance of your duet."

"Ugh, I'm tired of singing 'The Feeling'," Santana replied. "And besides, this is just your way of telling me you want to spend more time with your little secret boyfriend."

"No, no, it's a good idea," Luke assured her. "Get Jesse to secure you a venue. Invite a few dozen fans, for free. Play a show. Bring in Travis. Massive publicity."

Santana crossed her arms, looking back at the billboard sign of Crystal Army and Amity. She didn't want to bring Travis in, nor did she want to play an additional show for free. But at this point, she had to do whatever it took to make sure the world was focused on her.

***

"You excited for tomorrow?" asked Sam as he walked Amity to her dressing room before their next concert in Connecticut. "Shooting this music video?"

"I'm excited to get that out there," Amity sighed. "I know it won't be released for a few weeks but Sebastian said he'd launch it out as soon as it was ready. Two days of filming sounds painful but... At least you'll be there with me. I've never been good at the pictures and videos part of the business. That's where Dan would shine. I did better speaking in interviews, that sort of thing."

"Have you heard from him?" Sam asked curiously. "From Dan?"

"He's in New York," she shrugged. "That's all I know. I think I saw a promo for him appearing on Conan to promote the movie but... No, I haven't talked to him personally. I think he's still a little ticked off that I let him get dropped and took the solo deal."