Chapter 60: Back to Lima

Spring Break came to a close a lot sooner than Julie had thought it would. Maybe it was because she'd spent so long trying to get to Ryder, only to have him ask her the most important question of her life. And after that, everything had just been a giant blur. They were happy, they were blissful, and now they were going back home to their normal lives.

As they loaded up the jet, which had come back to pick them up in Miami, Julie and her friends said goodbye to Shawn, Santana and Logan. Crystal Army had already set out on their way to continue the rest of the tour with Amity and Dan was in New York. The rest of them were either anxious to get back home and pick back up on their responsibilities or very displeased to be leaving this paradise. 

Santana had a quick show to play in Texas and was going to get a ride there with Shawn and Logan, who were there to see Harmony and Peyton away.

While Shana, Harmony and Peyton stood outside saying their goodbyes, the rest of them got on the jet. "Here we go," said Ryder, stopping in front of two empty seats and offering to take Julie's bag and put it up on the luggage carriers. 

Julie smiled gratefully and then turned her attention out the window, where Harmony and Shawn were hugging. She made a face and asked, "What do you think their endgame is?"

"Whose?" Ryder responded, confused. He took a seat and looked out the window, quickly closing it and adding, "Seriously?" 

Julie slumped down beside him and said, "I know, I know... I just don't understand it. Why would she date my ex-fiance?"

"You're dating her ex-boyfriend," Ryder pointed out.

"Exactly!" she exclaimed. "Isn't that just a little suspicious to you? I mean, what if when Sam and Mandy broke up, Mandy had tried dating you or Jake... Did she even think about it? No! She got out of Lima as soon as she could. Once her and Sam were definitely over and she didn't see any chance of them ever getting back together again, she left. So why did Shawn stick around? And why would Harmony go along with all this? I know you're saying it's the same as us dating but it's not. Because first of all, I dated you first. Before her, before anyone else we know. And Shawn's not just an ex-boyfriend. Fiance is a little different... I thought everyone understood that as soon as they were done filming I wanted him out of our lives for good and all she's doing is giving him a reason to stick around longer."

Ryder reached over and placed an arm around her. "Calm down," he said slowly. "I get that it's weird but... You have to just be ok with it. What they do doesn't concern you, regardless of the intentions. Think of how it would feel if they were weighing in on what's going on with us."

"They probably are behind our backs," Julie said. "Those jerks."

He laughed and said, "See, you're mad at the thought. So just stop thinking about them and think about us. We have an exciting time ahead of us."

"You're right," she said, letting out a deep breath and trying to relax. "We are starting over. Back in Lima. You and me."

"You and me," he nodded, leaning in to give her a kiss on the cheek. 

As he sat back in his own seat, Peyton and Harmony walked in to take their seats. A few seconds later, Shana walked in, too, and then turned to the open door and shouted, "Bye, Lady Ta-Ta!"

The others heard Santana shout something back but none of them really understood what she had said. When Shana turned back around, satisfied, and the door began to shut, she made her way to her seat only to have everyone looking at her.

"What?" she asked them.

"You've gotten closer to Santana this week," Bree pointed out.

Shana nodded, "Yeah, she's awesome. What's your point?"