Chapter 7: Phone Hacks and Skype

It's the week of Sep 6, 2021 in our glee-verse! If I write a bit faster and skip through the weeks as much as I've been doing (chapter 1 was Aug. 7, now it's a month ahead) I may be able to catch up to our current time pretty soon (you know, if we were six years ahead). So it's pretty exciting to me to be on the same level cause we can think about like the weather and holidays and stuff!

The goal is to post the Halloween chapter on or around Halloween. That would be amazing. Anyway, enough of my pipe dreams. Let's carry on with the chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------

"I refuse to!" Julie exclaimed. Her shouts were heard from everywhere on the floor except the recording studio, which was sound proof. In the board room, Santana looked up from her tablet as she sat a few feet away from the guys of Crystal Army, who were sorting through a recent photo set and picking out the ones they wanted.

"Yo, Guppy Lips," she said, rolling her eyes. "Baby Momma has been having a shouting match with Seb for the last fifteen minutes. I'm trying to concentrate here."

"You're on Twitter!" Tyler said after taking a peek over her shoulder.

"Yeah, having a Q&A with my fans," Santana pointed out. She looked at Sam once again and said, "It's hard to come up with the perfect answers to their questions when every ten seconds I hear-"

"Oh really?" Sebastian shouted from the other side of the building.

"It is a bit ridiculous that we can hear them from all the way over here," Alex said.

John turned to Sam and asked, "Aren't you worried he's stressing her out too much?"

Sam pressed his lips together. Of course he was worried. He was more than just worried. But he had to trust that she knew what she was doing or he was going to drive himself insane.

"What do you want me to do?" Sam sighed. "Go over to Sebastian's office and get involved, only to have them start yelling more? Any time I get involved with those two it ends badly. Better to just let them work it out on their own."

Santana set down her tablet and gave Sam a look. "So it doesn't bother you at all that your girlfriend has a lot more fire in her relationship with her ex?"

"First of all, not my girlfriend," he told her. "And believe me, you'd rather be stale with Julie than get along with her the way he does."

"Hi everyone," said Amity as she walked into the room, all smiles and everything.

John looked up and greeted her with a smile, surprised by how full of life she was suddenly. "You're in a good mood," he pointed out.

"I thought I'd stop brooding," she shrugged. "There's plenty of that going on around here. Besides, I'd better have a good attitude if I have to hang around here and hope that Dan shows up. Has anyone seen him?"

She took a seat on the couch besides Santana and faced the TV; Tyler flopped down beside her, but she had seen him coming and reached for the controller. "Aw come on!" he whined.

"I have to kill time," she told him. "You have to work with your band." Santana grouchily got up as more of Julie's shouts were heard; she made her way to the furthest corner from the door and continued to tweet her fans.

"Nah, we're done," Alex told her. "He can watch TV until Julie stops fighting with Sebastian and he comes in here."

"Yeah or Drill Sargent Blaine comes in to yell at us instead," Santana complained.

John turned to her and said, "You noticed it too? Jesus, it's like he's a mini-Sebastian. Maybe it's a Dalton thing."

"What's a Dalton thing?" asked Tyler.