Chapter 51: Freaky Friday

"I've got your groceries!" Kitty called out as she walked into Julie's kitchen. A few seconds later, an exhausted looking Julie stumbled inside, grateful that she had Kitty around.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she exclaimed. 

"I'm not an Instacart service though," Kitty told her friend. "You need to learn how to drive already. Or get out of the house."

"I'm learning how to drive," Julie said. "After Spring Break."

"You promise?" Kitty gave her a look.

"I promise," Julie told her. 

Kitty laughed and helped her put away groceries. "Have you talked to Sam?" she asked, as she had done every couple of days for the last two weeks.

"I talked to him a few hours ago," Julie nodded. "They are on their way from Denver to Vegas and they're playing there tomorrow so..."

"And Ryder?" Kitty asked. 

Julie made a face. "Is he going to Vegas? I don't think so."

"Julie..." said Kitty. "I meant, have you talked to him. How long has it been since you showed up at his door?"

She let out a deep breath. "Um, I don't know, like two—three weeks."

"Wow," Kitty chuckled. "You're so stubborn! You should talk to him, Julie."

"No, I don't want to mess things up for him," Julie shook her head. "Clearly he's moving on and whatever is going on with Harmony—"

"See, that still doesn't make sense to me," Kitty interrupted. "Ryder and Harmony? That's so last year."

"And Ryder and I were so, like, seven years ago," Julie pointed out. "Besides, I know what I saw. Harmony was practically naked and he wasn't wearing a shirt and—"

"But I thought she was seeing Shawn," Kitty said. "Man, she sure has a taste for your side pieces. And I know that's rich coming from me."

"We don't know that she was ever seeing Shawn," Julie told her. "You made that up in your head and she even denied it... Anyway, we should stop speculating about Harmony's love life right now and just focus on next week."

"Right, just a few more days and it'll be Spring Break in Miami!" Kitty exclaimed, throwing a big whoop in the air. "Did Bree confirm yet?"

"She said she's ninety percent sure she can go," Julie nodded. "So long as nothing pops up with work."

"She's in the designing phase," Kitty scoffed. "Nothing's going to just 'pop up' and if it did then Kurt could just take care of it. Your parents are taking the girls, right?"

"Yup," Julie sighed, leaning against the counter. "I'm going to miss him but my dad and Veronica are really excited."

"And Riley will be in Indiana for Regionals," Kitty added. "Then after that my mother will be taking her to L.A. to visit colleges."

"Really?" Julie asked, surprised.

"Yes," Kitty laughed. "It's a ridiculous attempt at winning me over. She always sends Riley gifts and calls asking about her but... Whatever, Riley kind of likes her so it's fine. She has her heart set on California, too."

"How is the whole thing with the boarding school and the boyfriend?" Julie asked.

Kitty shrugged. "Honestly, she hasn't told me much about it. But she seems happier now and more at ease so I think it's going well. Still don't trust that guy though."

"I wouldn't either," Julie said. "If he's stalking her then he's a creep. No doubt about it."

"Agreed," Kitty said, reaching for her purse. "Listen, I have to go now and get some work done or I'll be the one who can't make it to Miami. But I'll call you later, ok?"