Chapter 56: A Decent Proposal

There was a short period of time when all but, like, one character was single. But we know that that cannot last so prepare for A LOT of love being spread.

------------------------------------------

When Shana woke up, she was spread out across the floor somewhere. She groaned, sitting up and seeing that Santana was sitting on a chair, asleep, just a few feet away from her. On the bed in the room, Marley was sitting down combing her wet hair.

Seeing that Shana was awake, Marley softly, said, "Hey there."

"Hey..." Shana mumbled, wiping her face. "What time did we get in?"

"Like one or two in the morning," Marley said. "Not too bad. What were you two doing?"

"Having the greatest time in a hot tub," Shana answered. "I swear it was magical. I think I'm going to live there for the rest of the week. Anyway, I should go to my room and shower and stuff before breakfast."

"Ok," Marley nodded, waving goodbye as Shana left the room. When she got to the next floor and made her way to her room, Amity was headed out.

"Oh hey," Amity said. "I was wondering where you were all night but then Marley told me you got in with her so—"

"Sorry, I was just so tired and didn't want to wake you," Shana said. "You heading out?"

"Yeah," she said. "Dan is getting here soon so I'm going to go meet him in Miami and then we have a sound check for tomorrow. But we'll be back by lunch, hopefully."

"Cool," Shana told her. As she headed for the elevator, Shana stopped her and said, "Hey, I'm sorry for yesterday." Amity turned back around. "I shouldn't have been so bitchy to you. Of course you wouldn't date John. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Right..." Amity nodded. She tried walking away again but Shana walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"I should've known it already," Shana shook her head. "I was just letting pettiness and my jealousy of all the new friends you've been making cloud my judgement. But you're a great friend who'd never do that to anyone so I'm sorry for doubting you."

"All is forgiven," Amity told her nervously. "Seriously." 

"Ok, I don't want to make you late so go," Shana urged her forward. Amity got out of there as quickly as she could, not wanting to spend one more second there where she'd just feel more guilty. As she stepped into the elevator, Sam and John stepped out of their room, Sam with his phone to his ear and John walking beside him. 

"Hold the elevator!" Sam shouted. Amity wished she hadn't but she put her hand to the doors to stop the elevator from closing. 

When the guys reached her and stepped into the elevator, Sam stood in front of her and John in the back corner, as far away from her as possible. 

"Yes, I understand," Sam was saying. "I'm sure if we asked around we'd be able to find footage of the whole thing from start to finish. Jake and John were both very clearly provoked... Yes, I know. It won't happen again. No seriously, we'll behave the rest of the week. I promise."

As Sam continued talking, John turned and saw that Amity was looking straight ahead, not risking making eye contact with him. Or maybe she just didn't have anything to say. He had a lot to say but he couldn't say any of it with Sam there.

When the doors opened and Sam stepped out, however, Amity practically ran out of there, and just as he was going to try to stop her, he saw Alex and knew he couldn't.

"Hey," Alex said, stopping him and Sam as the latter ended his conversation and put the phone away. "Bad news?"

"Ehh," Sam shrugged. "Obviously they aren't happy about video of John punching someone circulating the web but... It's fine. I am going to try to find some of those girls who were taping the whole thing though and just ask around to see if anyone got the part where the guys were provoking the whole thing."