Chapter 77: You're the One I Want

"Hey guys!" exclaimed Kitty as she, Julie and Bree arrived at the hotel and saw Crystal Army and Amity all gathered at the lobby together. "What's going on? Did you all finally come to your senses and decide to go clubbing with the rest of us?"

"No," John rolled his eyes. "None of us get to go now."

"Santana invited us to a party she's having to celebrate the launch of her single," Amity explained. "I know it's not what everyone wanted to do tonight, but I told her we'd go there."

"Why did you volunteer all of us to go?" Kitty asked.

Amity seemed confused. "I'm sorry... I figured we'd all want to go and be supportive of our friend."

Bree laughed. "That's rich coming from you," she said.

Sam cleared his throat and said, "Come on, girls. We can go and have fun at Santana's party. And we'd all be together in New York like some of you wanted. It's basically like going clubbing only it'll be smaller."

"And all about Santana," Kitty rolled her eyes.

"No, I think it's fine," Julie said, if only to be on the same side as Sam on something. "There's no reason to believe that this wouldn't be just as fun as any of our plans. Except maybe a Central Park picnic but—"

"Julie get over that, nobody wanted a stupid picnic," Bree told her.

Before Julie could respond, Tyler rose from his seat and said, "O-kay... How about we head out then? We've got traffic to beat."

"I've got dibs on shotgun," Amity said as she began leading the way to their van, which was already waiting outside.

John followed but Kitty grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Calm down, Mr. Eagerness. I thought we talked about you and Amity already? Didn't we agree that you two don't mix?"

"I was just going to go sit in the car, that's all," he rolled his eyes.

She gave him a knowing look. "There will be eight of us all stuffed in the same vehicle. You can find a seat away from her."

John yanked his arm away from her grasp and said, "I sit where I want to sit, Kitty. The days when I listened to your demands have been over for a really long time."

As he walked away, Kitty stared incredulously. She wanted even less to get involved in her life, but Amity and John were threatening to ruin their group in more ways than one so it was only right that she stepped in and did something about. it.

And according to what all her friends said, there was no one better than her to keep two people who wanted to be together apart.

***

"Woo!" Shana exclaimed as she finished taking down another shot of whiskey, the burn in her throat causing her to shout out in both excitement and pain. "Whiskey is so awful. I love it."

Jake laughed beside her, but his attention was split in so many different directions that it was hard to listen to Shana's liquor exploration. Riley was off talking to strangers at the party so he had to keep an eye on her and make sure harm didn't come to her. Kayli, who he also felt partially responsible for since no one else was taking care of her, was with a few of Santana's dancers, giggling but thankfully refusing the drinks they pushed at her. And finally, Leila was sitting down staring at her phone and not partying at all. He didn't know which one was more concerning.

When Shana had finished taking a shot of patron, Santana walked over to them and asked, "Are you guys enjoying the party?"

"Yes!" Shana told her very loudly.