Chapter 81: Want You Close

There's going to be like 83 or 84 chapters at the rate that I'm going right now :P
This was not supposed to be so long. Oops. I'm eager to get to the next book so I'll be posting more often than regular because I want to get them all out quickly! Enjoy xx
----------------------------------------------------------------

That night in New York, Julie was in her dressing room preparing for her show when Nick knocked on the open door and said, "Hey! Just dropping by one last time to say good luck. I'm bringing you out right after 'Levels' so be ready, ok?"

"I will be," Julie smiled. "Thank you."

"Alright," he nodded. "I'm going to go get the show started but you sit tight, relax, and remember that it's about having fun. You're going to kill it out there."

"You're going to obliterate it," she responded. "Good luck."

"Thanks," he said, waving a quick greeting to Sam and Ryder, who were each lounging around Julie's dressing room. About five seconds after Nick left, another set of visitors arrived: John and Alex.

"Hey guys!" Julie exclaimed. "I thought you were in L.A. at some party."

"We were," John nodded as he gave her a hug. "Or we were going to be. But even though we weren't able to convince Tyler to come with us, Alex and I decided to meet up here with you ahead of time so we could catch the show."

"Yeah," Alex nodded, taking his turn at giving her a hug. "We figured since we had to be in Buffalo in two days we may as well come down here now." He turned to the couch, where Ryder and Sam were each carrying a twin, and said, "Oh hey!"

"Hey," Ryder said as Alex approached him.

"Not you, dork face," Alex told him, lifting Gaby from him. "There's my beautiful little goddaughter."

"How can you tell them apart so quickly?" John asked. "It takes me at least a whole minute."

"Well, Izzy has blue-green eyes," Alex explained. "And Gaby's are brown."

"Izzy's are starting to darken," Julie pointed out. "The doctor said that's normal and they probably won't stay colored."

"Wouldn't it be cool if they do?" Sam asked her. "They'd be identical aside from eye color."

"But then they can't Parent Trap you," Alex said. "What's the point of twins if they can't Parent Trap you?"

"Hopefully we'd be good enough parents that we can tell them apart and they'd never be able to do that," Sam answered.

"Agreed," Julie said, though she got them confused all the time when they were first born and their eyes hadn't changed at all.

Alex looked around the room and then spotted the woman none of them had noticed. She was blonde and extremely attractive, staring around at all of them with a wide smile on her face.

Alex opened his mouth to say hello but Julie saw him and immediately said, "Don't even think about it."

"What?" he asked.

"Courtney Wilson," she said, "meet John Brown and Alex Zimmerman of Crystal Army. Guys, meet Courtney, my publicist. Yes, she's super hot and yes, she's totally off limits. Do not ask her out, do not try to sleep with her. Preferably, don't talk to her, alright?"

Alex began to protest but Julie glared at him so he didn't finish speaking. John laughed and said, "She cock-blocked you before you even had the chance."

Courtney blushed and continued working on something on her phone. Julie was getting her hair curled, but through the mirrors she looked at Alex and said, "Didn't you just break up with Ruby?"