Chapter 34: Seventeen

["Love Me Like You (Christmas Mix)" by Little Mix.]

All: Sha-la-la-la. Sha-la-la-la. Sha-la-la-la.

Leila and Shana stood on stage together, with Riley and Kayli on either side of them. Though the two girls did not get along, when the drunken woman had mistaken them for Kitty and Bree and asked them to sing with them, they'd put aside their beef for a chance to sing in front of so many important people.

Leila: He might got the biggest ca-ar-r. Don't mean he can drive me wild or he can go for miles.

Leila looked across the club at John, who wasn't even paying attention to the performance. He was too busy sitting down with Harmony, Amity and Marley, laughing away with them, a drunk mess. He'd surprisingly been drinking even more than she had.

Leila: Said he got a lot of ca-a-ash. Darling he can't buy my love, it's you I'm dreaming of.

While Leila hoped to get some of John's attention for even a second, Shana was hoping to catch Shawn's eye. She needed him to realize the mistake he'd made choosing Harmony over her and maybe, just maybe, there was time for a switch in lead roles to be made.

Shana (All): They try to romance me. But you've got that nasty. And that's what I want (That's what I want) So baby, baby. Come and save me. Don't need those other numbers. When I got my number one.

Out on the dance floor, several of their friends danced around as best as they could, cheering them on as they brought out their sexiest poses on stage.

All: Last night I lay in bed so blue. Cause I realized the truth, they can't love me like you. I tried to find somebody new. Baby they ain't got a clue, can't love me like you.

During Riley's verse, however, Jake looked up with wide-eyes, a bit surprised that Kitty wasn't freaking out over the dirty lyrics the way she did any time the girls were even anywhere around alcohol. However, Kitty was too busy getting drunk with Julie and Santana to even notice that that was Riley on stage.

Riley: Ahh... Used to get it when I wa-a-ant. You were pouring out your love, I could never get enough. Now I'm dealing with these bo-o-ys. When I really need a man who can do it like I can.

Standing in the center with Riley, Kayli took over for her verse and tried to dance the way that Leila and Shana did. She was in a room full of many strangers, with people she normally didn't socialize, and only because she'd agreed to spend the break with Albany until her parents returned.

Kayli (All): They try to romance me. But you've got that nasty. And that's what I want (that's what I want) So baby, baby. Come and save me. Don't need those other lovers. When I got my number one!

It was odd, however, seeing some of her teachers and their family members getting drunk. Entertaining, but odd.

All: Last night I lay in bed so blue. Cause I realized the truth, they can't love me like you. I tried to find somebody new. Baby they ain't got a clue, can't love me like you. Sha-la-la-la, woo-oo, sha-la-la-la, oh oh oh oh oh. Sha-la-la-la, oh woo, can't love me like you oh oh oh. Sha-la-la-la, woo, sha-la-la-la, oh. Sha-la-la-la, oh, can't love me like you.

Albany, one of the only sober people actually watching the performance, cheered on the girls as well as her friends. She tried not to pay attention to Shana but now she couldn't help it. The girl was drunk out of her mind, yet she was still putting on an amazing performance, one which she then noticed Sebastian was recording.

All (Leila): L-O-V-E (Love the way you give it to me) When you're with me. (Boy I want it everyday) L-O-V-E (Love the way you give it to me) When you're with me (Boy I want it everyday)