Chapter 82: The Longest Time

Saturday, May 28, 2022 -- WEDDING DAY

The day of the wedding came a lot sooner than Bree had anticipated. She figured that would happen when she only gave herself two and a half weeks to plan it. Now she was standing out in the woods, just a few yards away from Stefan's cabin, and wondering if she was a fool for thinking that this ceremony was going to help any of her friends feel better.

"No parents today?" asked Marley as she joined her.

"No," Bree shook her head, trying not to dwell on it too long. "It was so last minute and my dad is on this trip in Japan. My mom's in Paris. Maybe if we would've waited but... You know. Kitty and everything."

"And Stefan?" she asked.

"His parents are on a cruise trip apparently," she shrugged. "He wouldn't get into detail about it but it sounds like they're having trouble in their marriage."

"Oh no," Marley frowned.

Bree shook her head. "I guess the cruise is supposed to help them fix that. But either way, it's fine. This was supposed to stay small and now it will."

"We're your family," Marley reminded her. "So remember that."

Bree smiled and nodded. "I do. Every day. Thanks girl."

Marley nodded and led her back on the way towards the cabin. "You should probably start getting ready," she said. "Oh, did you figure out what you were going to do about your hair and makeup cancellation?"

"Yup," Bree nodded, grinning as they walked inside the house. "Marley, say hello to my personal hairdresser for the day—Miss Unique Adams."

"Why hello there," said their friend Unique as she appeared from the shadows, already in her dress and wearing a fabulous wig.

"Unique, you made it!" Marley exclaimed, rushing to hug her.

"Ok, that's enough love, boo," said Unique, laughing and pulling away. "You're going to wrinkle my dress. And yours."

"Sorry," Marley giggled. "I'm just so thrilled to see you."

"I had to come and support Bree," Unique said. "Even if it is for a marriage to Stefan."

"Oh stop it," Bree rolled her eyes. "He was always the hottest out of the guys and we all know it."

"He was also the dumbest," Unique added.

"Did somebody say Stefan Montgomery?" asked Stefan as he chimed into the living room.

"I said dumbest," Unique told him. "So yes."

"Oh," Stefan frowned. "I thought I heard hottest."

"You missed the cue," Marley said, patting him in the arm. "Anyway, Ryder and Ben are still upstairs so I'm going to go make sure Ben's little suit is alright."

When Marley began walking towards the stairs, Bree stopped her and exclaimed, "Oh wait! Before you go do that... I really wanted to talk to you and Unique both. I was wondering if for old times sake you'd be willing to do a little song together later after the ceremony. Something fun and upbeat to get everyone dancing. You know?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Unique said, nodding away.

"Yeah, it'd be an honor," agreed Marley.

"Awesome!" Bree chimed. "Marley, one more thing. Get Ryder down here so he can take Stefan out and keep him busy while Unique finishes up with me. I can't have him lurking around while I get ready."