Chapter 53: The First Night

A lot of music, a lot of singing, a lot of bad decisions and a lot of Spring Break Madness coming up in the next few chapters (it was all going to be a very long chapter but I chopped it up into pieces which are still very long--and so far there are four others but I'm not even close to finishing!).  No pictures in this one because I'm lazy (and too busy watching The Originals) and would only take longer to update if I tried to do those again. Some other time. Here's the latest chapter so go ahead and read it. As always, vote, comment, enjoy! xx
----------------------------------------

As Sam was headed up the stairs to get ready for their night outing, the hotel entrance opened and a pair of guys were helping Ryder into the building. He rushed over and said, "What on earth happened to you?"

Ryder lifted his foot and said, "I was being stupid and... Well, I kicked a shard of glass and cut myself."

"Oof," Sam said, looking down at the cut. "That's not pretty."

"We can call someone to get him to medical," said the hotel manager as he rushed over.

"No, it's fine," Ryder told them.

Sam helped him move away from them and explained, "His baby momma's a nurse. No worries. Thank you fellas but I'll take it from here."

As Sam helped Ryder get back to his room, Kitty was entering hers, where Bree had already finished showering. "That was fast," Kitty said. "Were you feeling that dirty?"

"You have no idea," Bree sighed as she towel dried her hair. "But that doesn't matter. There's a club we need to go to and fun to be had. So hurry up, get all hot, and let's have a good BS-free night tonight, ok?"

"If you say so," said Kitty, shifting through her items for a pair of undergarments. "I can't believe that Julie fell into the pool," she said, shaking her head and smiling a bit. "I'm glad she's ok and we can laugh about it but... That could've been an even bigger disaster. And I mean, that was totally Ryder's fault right? He knocked the guy into the pool; he started the chain of trouble. Right?"

"I don't know..." Bree said, looking away. "I didn't really see..."

"Well, at least Alex was there to save the day," Kitty shrugged. "You know I never really noticed but he does have hero, protagonist potential. He's hot and he's brave and he literally rescued a damsel in distress. Anyway, I'm off to shower now. I'll be out ASAP."

"Hurry," Bree said, watching as Kitty ran into the bathroom to begin her own getting ready routine. Bree leaned back against the edge of her bed and sighed. That had been her fault out there and if shed didn't stop letting Stefan get to her, things could get even worse.

***

Marley was shifting through her clothes for something nice to wear out when a knock on her door interrupted her routine. "Can you get that?" she asked Santana, who was just lying down on her bed letting her nails dry. 

"Not really," Santana responded. Marley was in the restroom doing her makeup, however, so Santana groaned and forced herself to go and try to open the door. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed when she saw Sam and John with Ryder between them, barely able to walk. "Did someone stab you?"

"No," Ryder sighed as Marley joined them. "I just kicked the sand and there was glass there so... I cut my foot and can't really step on it but..."

"I'll clean your wound and get you wrapped up," Marley nodded, looking through her baggage for a first aid kid. "I don't think you'll be able to go dancing tonight though so maybe we'll just stay back..."

"You brought a first aid kit to Miami Beach?" John asked. "Seriously?"

"I'm a nurse," Marley said. "I'm always prepared. For when people get cut, when they're bitten..."