Chapter 11: Sam Speaks

Immediately after Sam had spoken to those reporters, John had made sure to text Julie and let her know what had just happened. She then had Dan take her to Bree's to hide out and together, along with Marley and a very amused Riley, they watched the news and saw the clip of Sam.

"Sam are you the father of Juliet's baby?"

"Yes. I am."

"You're hearing it from us first, folks. Sam Evans, lead singer of—"

"Oh shut it off already," Julie groaned at Marley, who obeyed immediately just as the front door opened.

"I come bearing idiots!" chimed Bree from the entrance, walking in just a few seconds later with Sam, Andy and Ryder.

"We just had a really fun time," Andy grumbled, evidently a bit fuzzy due to attacks from the press.

Ryder shrugged it off, "It wasn't that bad. The others helped us slow them down so that I could drive all of us back here."

"I told you you didn't have to do this," Julie said directly to Sam. "I told you I would handle this alone, Sam. There was no need for you to drag yourself through the mud, too, especially just after Mandy's story on how your relationship fell apart because of other people. Now I'm the 'other people'. I'm not only a slut shamer, I'm also a slut. I could've kept this just on me, Sam."

Before he could respond, the door opened and in came the rest of the group from the bar, minus Logan and Shawn of course.

"You don't have to do it alone anymore," said John with a grin. "We're all going to help."

"Yeah," nodded Peyton. "It's not just you or you or Sam. You have all of us, too."

Julie wasn't sure what to say. She then remembered that Dan, Marley and Riley were standing behind her, so she turned around to look at them and everyone else looked, too.

Upon seeing Dan, Peyton's expression hardened and the tension in the room certainly rose. "I'll go now," Dan said, standing up.

All eyes were on him and no one tried to stop him, other than Amity attempting to reach out to him but then stopping herself. "Wait," said Peyton just as he was reaching the door. "They need all of us. Stay."

Dan was surprised but he wasn't going to leave this one chance he had at spending time with his friends just because he hadn't expected to get it so soon.

"Ok," Julie sighed. "I see I won't be able to kick everyone out."

"You can't, you don't live here," Bree reminded her with a laugh.

Julie nodded and said, "Right. So... Where do we go next after this?"

***

One Week Later...

***

"Is everything ready?" asked Sebastian as he stepped into the elevator on the first floor of the label's building. Dani and Blaine squeezed in behind him.

"I've gone through a thousand YouTube videos," said Blaine. "I haven't found any girls who are local and would look good as a group."

"I already had Jake's contract notarized," said Dani. "It's right here in my folder."

"Perfect," said Sebastian and the doors opened right into the third floor, above their label's floor.

"Wait," said Blaine. "Why are we here? Isn't this that law firm floor?"

"It went under," Sebastian told them as he walked out and made his way to the end of a hallway. "And now we bought it. A whole new floor to conduct meetings, to have a place for the artists, maybe an office for you two and the rest of the corporate team?"