Chapter 62: Song Constipation

Apparently you can only add 20 images per story so I had to cut out pictures in random places and a lot of them towards the end. But it's something, right? ^.^ 

-------------------------------------------------

It was a new week and Santana was back where she had been dreading to return to: Lima. Mondays weren't so bad when you were a rising popstar, but that was only when she was on the road. When she was in the same town as Sebastian Smythe, Mondays were just as awful as when she had to go to school or to a normal job. 

She didn't think she would have to do any more work now that her album as finished but she was wrong. Without Julie in the picture, Sebastian was giving her the attention she deserved, which meant that she had to put in extra effort, too. But this day at the label wasn't about her at all. Sebastian had called her in to record a song which would then be featured in Jake's album as a replacement for the song he had recorded with Julie.

Sebastian had already released "Love Me Harder" as a digital download but he refused to promote it anymore by putting it on Jake's album. Santana didn't really care much for that, but she was glad to get some attention and had agreed to record the song with Jake. She had just finished recording her portions when Sebastian walked into the studio. 

"Oh hey!" she greeted him quickly. "I just finished the song. And it seems like I'm on it a lot. More than Jake is."

"Yeah, maybe I'll have him come in and re-record," Sebastian sighed

"Yeah, maybe I'll have him come in and re-record," Sebastian sighed. "Or we'll see if we can't add it to your album instead. It can be your third or fourth single in time for Jake's album to start getting promo or something. Speaking of your singles, though, I want to focus on yours now."

"'Touch My Body,'" Santana said. "When will it get released?"

"We're going to drop it next week," Sebastian told her. "Start doing promo tomorrow, have a Twitter countdown. Then we'll have a worldwide release next week and release the video the week after."

"Ok," Santana agreed. "And then we'll promote it?"

"Yes, but before we start on that," he said, "we should have a second single ready. We'll release that like two or three months from now just before your album but for now we should just choose the single so that we can shoot the video and have that ready. So what do you want your single to be?"

***

"The label has final say on the single..." Julie mumbled as she looked through the contract Nick had dropped off. She turned to Gaby, who was holding her phone curiously while sitting on her lap. "Well, I want my label to be a place where the artists have control of the art. So how do I do that while my own music isn't completely under my control?"

"Ooh," Gaby drooling on Julie's phone and then proceeding to drop it.

"Ooh," Julie repeated with a laugh, picking up the phone and wiping it on her shirt. There was a knock on the door and Julie said, "I think I know who that is!" She stood up, baby in arms, and made her way to the door, where Ryder was already letting himself in.