Chapter 50: Just Breathe

Guys, this was supposed to be Disney week but... I forgot and I'd already written like half of this chapter other than the final song which I only thought of just before posting this because it was pretty much a perfect fit. We'll have to postpone the annual Disney week for a while! D:
Things are about to get really, really complicated you guys. Enjoy! xx
-----------------------------------------------------

Harmony Sawyer was meant for the stage. She knew it as she stood in one, wearing a beautiful red dress that made her feel like Jessica Rabbit, with her hair swept to the side beautifully. A wide smile on her face, she looked up at the shining lights and found that they weren't blinding at all.

A song began to play and just as she was going to start singing, an alarm started to ring.

["Fight Song" by Rachel Platten.]

She opened her eyes and found that she was in her bedroom, staring at her ceiling. Slightly disappointed, she sat up and began to sing anyway as she began her morning routine.

Harmony: Like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion. Like how a single word can make a heart open. I might only have one match. But I can make an explosion.

***

Meanwhile, miles away, Amity sat in her bunk bed on the tour bus, staring out the window and looking at all of the empty mountainside they were passing by. It was beautiful. And as she smiled and the sun began to come out, she knew she was going to have an amazing journey out on the road for the next three months.

Amity: And all those things I didn't say. Wrecking balls inside my brain. I will scream them loud tonight. Can you hear my voice this time?

She heard laughter coming from the room behind her and knew it meant that the guys were up.

***

Even though the sun still wasn't out, Julie was already up. She stood in her backyard with a baby monitor in one hand and a pen in the other as she signed a sheet on the clipboard being held out in front of her.

Julie: This is my fight song. Take back my life song. Prove I'm alright song. 

Then, she put the pen down and looked up at the contractor in front of her with a smile. He turned and gave the signal to his dozens of workers, who began to unload their trucks out onto the backyard.

Julie: My power's turned on. Starting right now I'll be strong. I'll play my fight song. And I don't really care if nobody else believes. 

She was going to put all her efforts into building the perfect home studio. If she couldn't make music with Sebastian, that was fine. She would do it on her own.

Julie: 'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me.

***

While Julie looked forward to the future, Alex was a bit skeptical about it. He lied in his bunk bed on the tour bus, in a room to the very back which he shared with the other guys until they could get to their own bus in their next stop. He was lying still until the door swung open and Tyler and Sam burst in with tons of food in their arms. 

Alex: Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep. Everybody's worried about me. In too deep. Say I'm in too deep.

Tyler patted his arm indicating for him to get up for breakfast, while Sam did the same to John, who had still been asleep. 

Tyler: And it's been two years. I miss my home. But there's a fire burning in my bones. Still believe. Yeah, I still believe.

They all gathered together around the food and were joined by Dan, who had followed the scent of cinnamon roll from the other side of the bus.