2. The Story That Followed After

§§§§

"Catch me! If you can!" The small two-year-old boy yelled behind his shoulder. His head full of brown hair was sticking in all directions and his dark brown eyes were settled on the hazel eyes of the girl behind him.

"That no fair!" She whimpered as she stood up from the ground and ran after him. Her short brown hair was in pigtails and her white sundress had been dirty from them playing the ant game.

Dominic shifted into a small brown wolf pup and yipped in happiness. This is what he could do, something Arnelle couldn't do.

"Domi! Come back here!" Arnelle yelled with a pout. Dominic ran in circles around her. He then stopped running and wagged his tail up in the air, his tongue stuck out and his brown eyes were trained on her.

A smile appeared on Arnelle's face and she giggled, turned around and ran away from him. Dominic played with her for a bit, giving her a ten-second head start.

Arnelle ran around the meadow, but in her second lap, she was tackled down by the brown pup.

Got you! He mind-linked as she turned around and giggled. He licked her all over her face and she tried to push him off.

He was taken off of her and before she could say she was stronger than him, she saw a huge brown wolf holding Dominic's neck with his mouth.

Arnelle shot up to her feet and pushed at the wolf as Dominic barked and tried to come out of his hold.

"Stop being bully!" She told the brown wolf and he seemed to have chuckled at her reply.

She wrapped her arms around herself and plopped down to the floor, pouted out her lower lip, and started to form tears in her eyes.

A second after that, two male hands held her by her small waist and threw her in the air. She let out a small shriek, then came in contact with steel-blue eyes.

"What happened, my little girl?" Alexander had asked and Arnelle pointed to the big brown wolf, who brought Dominic down to the floor and shifted back to his human form.

"Uncle Michael being bully." She told him and Alexander's lips tugged up at one corner.

Michael had ruffled Arnelle's hair, messing up the pigtails that she had and called over to Dominic. "We have to go back home."

Michael then went behind the trees to go change into his jeans and then picked up his sons clothing. He came out of the trees and looked at Dominic, who was jumping up to reach Alexander's hand.

"Bwing it down, daddy! He can't weach!" Arnelle said as she giggled and tried to push down Alexander's hand.

Michael chuckled and held onto the clothes in his hands. He looked at Arnelle's dress and chuckled to Alexander. "I wonder how you are going to explain that to Diana."

Alexander looked down at Arnelle's white dress and shook his head slowly. "Your mother is going to ki—hurt me."

Arnelle shook her head. "No she not, daddy. She love you." Then, in a loud and reasoning tone said, "She can't huwt you!"