3. The Story That Followed After

§§§§

"Hi, Beta Fem—"

"Think that sentence over before you finish it, Gabriel. You should know my name already, darling." Yvanna cut off with a genuine smile. The blushing five-year-old brunette before her nodded once more before running off to Diana to greet her and Alexander.

"Gabe!" Two overly ecstatic voices entered the backyard and soon he was tackled by Arnelle and Dominic.

"Be careful, you three. Please." Diana reminded them — they had to remember that Arnelle couldn't shift into a wolf. They didn't know wether she had one or not. So, for now, they had to be careful with her; Michael still trained her to balance her emotions, just in case one day — poof — she's a werewolf.

They ran off away from the parents, and soon all seven adults were facing each other.

"Have you been training?" Lucas had asked Michael, who nodded as he shook Lucas' hand.

"We're preparing for anything coming at us. We should all know how Marianne would try to get us at any moment. . . Especially now that she has. . ." Michael cleared his throat and put his lips into a grim line. A small tension filled the air and the attention seemed to grow distant.

Lucas gave him a semi-pitiful look and nodded his head.

"We've been training also." Lucas said, moving away from that topic. He cleared his throat and gave them each a small smile. "Just in case anything happens. A few rogues have ben passing through our territory. We have attacked them and such, but they aren't working with Marianne."

Michael nodded as he breathed through his nose. "They may not work with her, but there are more rogues passing through here than before the attacks."

Lucas agreed with that. He looked over at the three children playing in the distance and then turned to look at Alexander and Diana. "Have you two yet to find out her power?"

Diana shook her head slowly and Alexander sighed. "There aren't any subtle hints." He had informed him, then looked over at Arnelle, who had ran her hand over Gabriel's grey wolf. Dominic shifted into his own wolf and soon they were both running circles around her.

"But, it will be very important." Alexander concluded as he turned his attention back towards Lucas. An uneasy feeling was in his chest. It wasn't a threat, he just wished he knew what his daughter could do, and if this power was so important. He wanted to know what dangers it could bring to them, or worse, her.

.

"Gabe, can I please wide?" Arnelle asked as she pouted her lower lip out.

Let me! Let me! Dominic said as he jumped up and down. Let me give you one!

"But I want Gabe to! His big!" Arnelle crossed her arms over her chest as she looked at the grey wolf who sat before her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed.

Dominic's wolf growled. Me! Me! Hug me!

"Wait yo' tuwn, silly!" Arnelle giggled and a throaty sound came out of Gabriel's wolf, as if he had been laughing along with her.