• 39. The Story That Followed After •

§§§§

Janice hopped off the desk as the last bell rung. Jazmyn yawned and picked her head up from the desk, rubbing her eyes furiously to take out any form of sleepiness.

"Stop that, you're going to cause wrinkles!" Adrianna chastised as she shot her hands out and pulled Jazmyn's hands away from her face. "Ugh, Jazmyn, I swear you put yourself in situations like these by your damn self."

Janice laughed as she helped her friend up while Jazmyn rolled her eyes and let out, "I'm not a fucking beauty guru like you, Adrianna. Cut me some slack."

"Apparently you haven't got any decency either to be cursing like that." She frowned, turning around and stomping away. Jazmyn rolled her eyes while Adrianna let out, "Let's leave already. I'm tired of seeing these faces."

Janice chuckled while Jazmyn mimicked Adrianna in a high pitched voice and stood up.

"Oh, uh," Janice began as they headed out of the the classroom, "You're going to meet Zachary today. He's picking Adrianna and I up."

"I'd like to get driven home as well, you know." Jazmyn grumbled out, causing Janice to laugh while Adrianna huffed out and walked a bit ahead.

"He doesn't know how to drive. None of us really do." Janice told her, shrugging her shoulders. "Well, Arnelle and our parents are pretty much the drivers, but they're all busy."

"Each and every single one of them?" Jazmyn deadpanned, bumping into a kid and not even bothering to even acknowledge them.

"It's complicated." Adrianna voiced in, shrugging nonchalantly.

"I think you guys are either part of the government, or your parents are drug lords." Jazmyn breathed out, stopping by her locker to put in the books she wouldn't need.

Janice and Adrianna exchanged looks, bursting out into light laughter after. Jazmyn narrowed her eyes and Adrianna put her hands on her hips, and in her most serious tone said, "Now we gotta take you away and beat you up 'till your senseless, or dead."

Janice shook her head slightly, while Jazmyn saw through the lie and rolled her eyes. Suddenly, she tilted her head sideways and looked at the Blonde bombshell. "By the way, how's this out-of-nowhere boyfriend of yours?"

Adrianna's face filled with so much love and happiness, that Jazmyn had to exchange a look with a smiling Janice.

"He's so perfect!" Adrianna gushes out, grabbing onto her arm and squeezing it tightly, earning a sharp inhale from her. "He's tall, he's a brunette... this smile he gives off is so–ugh! You know, when he sleeps he's got this thing he does where he's got to caress me and have me near him."

Jazmyn gave her a gritted smile from beginning to end and Janice chuckled, casually releasing Adrianna's firm grip, she chuckled and said, "Why don't we head out now?"

"Aren't we going to wait for the twin?" Jazmyn asked, rubbing at her arm. Adrianna gave her a cheesy apology while Janice gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"He's going to be busy for now," had been all she said before turning around and heading away,  leaving behind two-equally confused girls.

Earlier, she heard him talk to Lisette. Telling her that he had something to tell her after school, and, from the looks of it, it might have been something endearing because he had pulled her to the side to speak on it.