« EXTRA CHAPTER »

§§§§
~3 years after~

There had been a knock on the door.

Arnelle let out a deep sigh and opened it, revealing a tall, 6'1" man with dark brown, smiling eyes, matching hair long enough to style into a soft combover, and a light beard.

He smiled brightly at her and hugged her with one arm, the other held a small box with a red bow on it. "Thank goddess you're not my mate."

"Wow. Care to join the club of people that think the same for me." Arnelle said as she pushed away from Gabriel. He shook his head as she turned around to walk away.

"You know I don't mean it in that way." Gabriel frowned. He looked back to see his father, Alpha Lucas, speaking to Alpha Michael and the rest of the gang. He turned back and so did she, so he handed her the present. "Happy eighteenth birthday, Arni. I hope you find the love of your life this year. And sorry I haven't seen you since we were twelve, but just know that there's still love for you on my side."

She accepted it and opened it, being extra careful with the wrapper. Some wolves and humans passed by and greeted both Arnelle and Gabriel.

Since many had turned eighteen, the pack held the annual mate banquet. Obviously, she hadn't found anyone. And Dominic hadn't either.

Gabriel came over because he was the next closest person to Arnelle, but, as one could see, she wasn't his mate.

People were satisfied because I don't have a wolf. That's why. I wish I was in the Poconos with the girls, and Adriel right now. She thought to herself as the box revealed a really pretty silver bracelet with charms in it. The moon, a wolf head, and a sapphire gemstone.

"That's from me. Jace helped me, too, but he couldn't come. He says happy birthday and good luck, too." Gabriel said as he helped her put on the bracelet.

"Thank you." She nodded her head slowly and looked up at him. "Tell him that I said sorry for his loss. Hopefully he does well as a Beta."

He smiled sadly and they turned to walk in.

Vampires had come in to Gabriel's pack and attacked them the same way that they had attacked their pack a few years ago. There were many, many casualties in there, and one had been the Beta and his female.

Gabriel's pack wasn't the only one attacked, so were others around them, and they were all coming to Michael to form alliances.

Whatever was coming, was big.

And it didn't take a kid to know that a lot of the things that people wanted to avoid, will happen.