• 35. The Story That Followed After •

§§§§

Michael charged at the young, red wolf and went to aim for her head. She seemed as if she was caught off guard with the charge, but once he had gotten closer to her, she maneuvered out of the way and slammed her head against his back, throwing him a few feet away from her.

As soon as he hit the floor, her wolf charged to him and pushed him back onto the ground, then she quickly opened her mouth and went for the throat. Her teeth slightly grazed his neck, and a smile took over his face.

"Good job, baby girl." Michael praised as he grabbed the wolf's head and kissed the top of it. She shook out of his grasp and yipped lightly, trotting away triumphantly.

It had been the first time that Janice had succeeded fully in her personal training with her father, usually, she was afraid that she would hurt him, even though he showed her the many scars to show her that he didn't care.

"Go on and shift. We'll sum up training and speak on other things." He told her. She barked and went to run off into the forest.

When she had come back, dressed and in her human form, she sat down next to her father, who had been laying down on the ground with his eyes shut.

"Everything went well, Janice." Michael said as he opened his eyes and turned to his daughter, a proud smile on his face. "Of course, I'm not as fast as a vampire, even though our strengths can equate, that's why I want you to also train hard with James." After a long sigh, he said, "That's when he comes back."

Janice nodded her head slowly, she had been going through a major problem at the moment, but she was glad that it didn't interfere with her training. She actually had yet to speak to Adriel since the discovery on her birth—

She shook her head and tilted it sideways, looking straight at her father. "Why don't I train with Zachary in the time being?"

"No." Michael answered right away, shaking his head as well. "Training with Zachary will get you nowhere."

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and asked, "What do you mean by that? He one of the main fighters in the pack, and, not to mention, half vampire, dad. He's equivalent—if not, stronger, than an adolescent."

"Yeah, I know that, Janice. However, it's like you're training with your brother—they won't use their full potential on you."

"Because I'm a girl?" She asked. Before her father could part his lips, she giggled and shook her head. "I know, dad. It's cause they care for me, right?"

Michael laughed lightly and propped himself onto his elbows. "Exactly. However, maybe Zachary has more of a reason that he wont go to his full potential."

"Dad..." Janice began in a warning tone.

"I'm just saying." He cut her off, giving her one of those strong 'I'm an Alpha, but also your father' looks.

She looked at him softly, and everything replayed in her mind. From her heartbreak, to seeing that Zachary was treating her like everything growing up.

Was it sad to think that, even though she didn't feel the same way, it made her feel wanted? That she didn't want it to stop?