12. The Story That Followed After

§§§§
-4yearslater-

Dominic hid behind the shrubs, closing his eyes as hard as he could. In the distance, he can hear someone muttering, "I'm going to find you!"

He shook his head quickly, his heart accelerating with adrenaline. His tiny hands ran through his dark brown hair. Since his palms were sweaty, his hair had stayed more matted down.

"I found you!"

Dominic let out a small shriek and ran away from the bush, but he didn't make it too far. Another little boy with a lot of jet black hair and gold eyes appeared before him with a smirk placed on his lips.

Dominic laughed as he tackled into Zachary and they both fell to the ground, both laughing up a storm.

Zachary grew to be Dominic's and Arnelle's height within two months. There were questions from the two, asking how he had grown much faster than the twins and Janice when he was younger. They just explained to them that Zachary was different than both of them by being half vampire, half werewolf.

"Guys!" Arnelle had squealed out as she jumped out of the bushes. Her brown hair was longer now, up to her tailbone. Although her mother had put on a head band to keep the hair out of her face, she still had some of it out of place or stuck to her sweaty face.

"Arni!" Dominic said as he jumped up. Zachary had followed and they had both walked to her.

"Did you follow us?" Zachary had asked as he stopped right before her. He lifted up his tiny hands to inspect her face.

"No!" She shook her head sideways. They then had brought her to the floor and began to tickle her immensely. "Okay! Okay! Yes, yes! I'm sorry!"

They giggled as they moved away from her.

"Why did you follow us?" Zachary asked as they began to walk the way that Arnelle had come from.

She kicked a rock away from her path and shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno. I was bored."

"She didn't want to play with those babies." Dominic butted in as he pulled a leaf from one of the bushes they had passed.

"That's not true!" Arnelle backed up as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah it is! Look at Zach, he can make you tell the truth." Dominic said as he turned to look at her.

Zachary, who had been walking right behind them, looked between the two with wide and questioning eyes.

"No, I don't have to." Arnelle said as she wiped her hands against her lavender dress. It had hand prints from when she'd fallen on her way there, and her white stockings were also dirty right at the knee. She didn't know how much of an earful she was going to get from her father.

"Then you're lying!" Dominic said and Arnelle planted her feet firmly on the ground. They had all stopped walking at that moment and she turned to Zachary.

However, he covered his eyes and looked down. "Father said that I am not allowed to do that."

Arnelle smiled widely and turned to Dominic. "I'm telling the truth!"