« 24. The Story That Followed After »

§§§§

"Adriel, do you mind reading the last paragraph for the class?" Mr. Sanchez, the English teacher, had said. He turned to lightly glare at some students that were sitting in the front. "I know that this is the last week of school, but you're going to need English forever."

He then turned towards Adriel and gave him a questioning look.

Adriel gulped down as he looked down at the sheet that was handed out to the whole class.

He had been one of the students that were not paying attention in class, just plain checking pretty girls out and winking at them when they looked his way.

"We're you paying—"

The sound of something falling and rolling his way was heard, along with an, "Oops!"

He looked up and he saw Lisette Morris get up and scooch over to where he sat. He also got up and went to go and pick up her pen.

"It's the last sentence on the first page." She told him in a very low tone. Thank Goddess he was a wolf—he wouldn't be able to hear her.

He nodded his head and she said a quick thank you before he went over to her seat.

As he sat down he could hear some girls whispering, saying things like Lisette looking desperate for his attention, when in reality, she was literally helping him out.

.

"Adriel, come to the room later?" One of the girls had purred as she, and a couple of other girls, felt all up on him.

"Ladies, ladies," he let out a chuckle as he wrapped his arms around the nearest two's shoulders. "There's plenty of me to go. . ."

Lisette had walked out of a different classroom. Her soft blonde hair moved swiftly as she skipped down the hallway and her small pink lips were curved up into a happy smile.

She looked his way and waved before skipping off.

"Wait. . . Wait!" He said as he pushed away from the girls and ran towards her. He didn't have to really run fast since she was human and not that far from him.

"Hey, Lisette?" He asked as he grabbed onto her shoulder and spun her around. Her small blue eyes looked at him in surprise and she smiled at him.

"Hi, Adriel!" She let out, a little ecstatic. She tilted her head sideways and asked, "What's up?"

She's really pretty. Adriel thought to himself as he hand stayed on her shoulder. She's always helped him out before—helped out anybody in need, actually.

She was just one of those people that, even if they do get talked about, she still helped anybody regardless.

Her heart was made of gold.

"Hey, thanks about today." He told her with a smile. Don't lose your cool, Adriel.

She shook her head sideways and raised her hand up, waving it sideways. "Don't worry about it, honestly." She then smiled and held on to her book bag straps. "I will keep true to the leaders of this pack, even the future ones."