« 22. The Story That Followed After »

§§§§

"Hm. Maybe I should just find something out about Michael and keep it from him. Right?" Amanda asked as she crossed her arms over her chest and looked at her two best friends questioningly.

Yvanna shrugged her shoulders as she sat back on a chair and Diana let out a nervous giggle as she looked around the room.

"Amanda, please don't talk as if I'm not here. I had reasons why I couldn't tell you yet." Michael said with a scowl as he sat on the desk of his study. It had been early morning and all the kids had been off to school already.

"I'm sorry..." She began as she turned to look at Alexander with a questioning look. "For the past three days I've been hearing something buzzing around my ear... Has it been bothering you, too, Alex?"

Said person only raised his hands up in an 'I-wont-answer' way and walked around to sit on the chair next to his mate.

"Stop acting like a kid, Amanda." Michael let out, aggravated, and the room went quiet.

Amanda snapped her head into his direction and she slowly let out, "What?"

But before anything else could be said, the door to the office was open and in walked in Adrian. He went up to Amanda and hugged her, spun her around and placed her down.

"Couples therapy is in progress?" He asked, and she glared at him as she patted herself down. He then went over to kiss his mate. "Let's not throw chairs at each other—"

"I'll throw more than a fucking chair at him." Amanda hissed out as she glared at Michael, who only looked the other way with a frown.

"Let's just speak about what's going on right now." Adrian finished off as he then sent a wink towards Diana, who blushed a little and waved at him. Alex reached over and kissed her on the forehead which caused her to smile a little.

"Yeah, like the fact that Brandon has been living in Yvanna's old summer home for, like, three weeks and no one told me. Or even—"

"We are looking for answers, Amanda." Michael cut off as he looked her her knowingly. She shook her head sideways and went to sit on the arm of the chair that Diana had been on.

"I'm just as confused as all of you are." He continued as he took in a deep breath before he looked out of the window. Both Arnelle and Zachary were outside in the back, on their break from homeschool. "The only people that have the answers to these questions are the Elders... I would think, at least."

"But, why would you think that? What makes you think that they would know?" Yvanna asked as she leaned back into her mate's chest.

"Because they were the ones who wiped the memories of the people you've known." Alex had answered while he looked at the bookshelves in thought. "There must be something behind it, but, honestly, I don't think it's something big."

"Big or not, it doesn't matter. I just want answers." Amanda let out. Her best friend, who she had not seen for fifteen years, was living in the cabin that she and the girls had occupied before.

What sucked was the fact that she couldn't just barge in there to see how he would react... There was no concrete prediction, and the more she thought about it, the more nervous she felt.

"If you want answers from the Elders, you'd have to be very patient, Amanda." Michael told her.

"And that exactly isn't your forte." Yvanna let out with a snicker, causing for Amanda to turn and glare at her.

"W-what if we aren't the ones calling out to them?" Diana asked, then bit her lower lip when they all looked at her questioningly. "What if we don't have to wait so long for it?" She looked down at her folded hands and continued, "It may not be so much of a big deal, but we do need some answers..."